Core node not starting

I keep getting this error and I can’s find the file anywhere. I tried updating the test-net files
any Ideas?

Can you please provide the content of keysendanddresses folder? (ls) maybe the location of the missing file is different.

1 Like

Try using testnet-config.json in the run command without the shelley_ prefix. I think it has changed since the guide was written.

1 Like

That worked but now I have this…

I think I was trying to start from the wrong folder however. I moved the vrf.skey, kes.skey and the node.cert to the relay folder where I normally start the node was this the right move?

yes - you started from the wrong folder… but you can use absolute path for your files like /home/jackob/keysandaddresses/vrf.skey to avoid such situation in the future

1 Like

Great. You can keep the files wherever you want to, but if you are in a different folder you need to refer to them with the correct path. If you have the node.cert in the same folder where you want to start the node you can refer to it as node.cert and if it is in a subfolder you need to refer to it as subfolder/node.cert and so on. You just need to make sure the computer knows where to look for the file.

In the coin cashew guide they show you how to build a script for starting the node from systemd instead, it might be good to have a look later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any Idea why it is shutting down? Also, these files are ok to keep on the nodes connected?

i would open another topic for that with a more specific title…

Those 3 files are needed for your BP node but not on your relay. I’m not sure why it shuts down for you, what does your startup command look like?

Ok. Do you have all files in the folder you are running the node from? Both testnet-topology, testnet-config, kes.skey etc. or are they located in other folders?

What happens if you run it again but remove the first slash on /db and /db/node.socket?
(So just db and db/node.socket)

1 Like

I have not connected my core to any other relay… Yet. this is the current setting.
Will it still connect?

Your BP node should only be connected to your own relay IP and nothing else, so try to put that address in there instead.

i think it just took a while to sync

1 Like