Create a staking pool from 0

Daedalus will consume more resources being a full node, I recommend to use yoroi

Now, the funds are on shelley or byron wallet? Do u have the option to stake?

Regarding the pool I don’t like to influence people, it’s your decision :slight_smile:

My funds are still on my crypto.com
Was not on my ledger .
Sorry for my stupid questions. :relaxed:

So where should I transfer all my ADA?
to the ledger or here to Yoroi?

What is the difference between shelley or byron wallet ?

Are these pools safe, or there is a risk to loose my ADA?

Thank you :slight_smile:

My funds are still on my crypto.com
Was not on my ledger .
Sorry for my stupid questions. :relaxed:

Ok, then u will must send the ADA from crypto.com to ledger

So where should I transfer all my ADA?
to the ledger or here to Yoroi?

Steps to move ada from crypto to yoroi (read all steps first) - before u start if u don’t have any funds in yoroi wallets delete all wallet created; Then:

• open yoroi
  • add new wallet (shelley era)
  • connect ledger
  • u should see on yoroi the ledger wallet imported (the wallet name will show ledger word)
  • go to receive section in yoroi and copy the address from there … should start with addr1…
  • go to crypto.com and send few ADA (10) for test to the address copied earlier from yoroi
  • u should see 10 ADA in yoroi (received from crypto.com)
  • to test if the ada were sent to ledger open adalite.io - HW wallet - connect ledger and check if u see 10 ADA to the balance
  • if yes then go again in yoroi to receive section copy again the address and send all funds from crypto.com
  • at the end u should see all funds on ledger
  • then go to delegation center and delegate

What is the difference between shelley or byron wallet ?

Shelley is the mainnet which will allow u to delegate/stake the ada

Are these pools safe, or there is a risk to loose my ADA?

Your money will be safe because delegation not meaning tonsend the funds out from the wallet, u will have full control of ur funds
When u will delegate u will pay 2ADA registration cost (which u will receive them back when u will deregister the wallet) + fee ~0,3 ADA

Thank you :slight_smile:

Thank you , I manage to do it.
But I have one more question…

I wanted to Stake 50 % of my ADA today
and want to Stake 50 % when the Sunday Swap pool is open.

Can I do that?
Or I can stake only in one pool at the time ?

only one pool per wallet for the moment (in Yoroi or Daedalus) or u can try … adalite.io offers the possibility to stake to more pools with one ledger device

1 Like

You can use the temporary passphrase from ledger to create a second wallet.
This way you can have multiple wallets using just one ledger device and you can do whatever you want with them.

Advanced passphrase security – Ledger Support.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience

Hello!

If i started with 3000 ada and commited to stay for the long term, at least two years. Leasing an aws service and absorbing those costs for those years, how does that sound?

I already mined btc, dgb and other coins with different scripts and equipement so, even though I’m new to staking, im not new to mining or the hard process it takes.

For 1 block/epoch average a pool needs ~1M ADA stake

With only 3000ADA u will not have so many chances (or maybe u will can attract 1M from delegators)

Yup, it would need a strong support from the comunity then.

1 Like

Very roughly 12.5K in you staking pool will get you 1 block per year. 1 Block assuming all 12.5k ADA were yours would early you roughly 700 ADA. Depending on the price of ADA and the cost of your host You could end up paying more for the servers than you would make in ADA. There are people running their producer and relay on a raspberry PIs. Keeping the cost very low. You would still need 500 ADA for the tax fee and 500 for your pledge… and then some for your staking pool.

1 Like

¡this raspberry project sounds interesting! Ill give it a try. In the end I suppose as long as you keep finding delegators (and the community is growing) you could just keep it for the sake of helping the ecosystem. I guess.

1 Like