Feature Idea: Option to earn staking rewards in other native tokens

You might be wondering why would anyone want to earn anything other than ADA?..

In many countries Staking Rewards are taxed as Income so you need to pay tax at the value of the token at the time you received it.

Unfortunately if the price drops by a lot you could pay more tax than the token is now worth!

If there was an option to get paid some of your staking reward in a native token you could receive the percentage you will need to pay in tax with a stable coin and the rest in ADA.

People have different tax requirements so it would be necessary to set a personal balance for staking rewards payouts between ADA and stable coins.

2 Likes

Wow, I was on track with this one - ISPOs can be a great way to minimise tax.

If anything, shouldn’t djed be the natural token to turn to? If i understood correctly the plan is to move cardano network fees to djed in the future?

I live in Sweden and our tax authorities demand tax exactly as you describe, win or lose you have to pay 30% tax on any stake income and the value is to be counted when you recieve it.

(For anyone in the same situation i recommend pooltool.io “Rewards data for taxes”)

1 Like

One advantage of getting ISPO reward tokens for new projects is that they can have zero value at the time you get them - so zero income tax to pay on them.