For those using 1.26.1 in production

@kaverne this may be of interest to your question:

See the release notes for 1.26.1 here: Release Cardano Node 1.26.1 Ā· input-output-hk/cardano-node Ā· GitHub

The sendmytip.sh script needs changing of the blockNo reference to block, etc.

Hope this helps,

A

PS minor edits

1 Like

Thanks mate.

We should meet one day if you are in the Brissie area.

Hey All and @Alexd1985 , I had successfully run through the update and had restarted all my nodes successfully. I then went and took an install of the latest CNCLI tools (by running prereqs.sh -c). It downloaded the latest (1.5.1), but then broke my BP node:

sudo systemctl status cnode
ā— cnode.service - Cardano Node
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cnode.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2021-04-08 08:34:49 UTC; 4s ago
Process: 3480284 ExecStart=/bin/bash -l -c exec /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh (code=exited, status=127)
Main PID: 3480284 (code=exited, status=127)

Can anyone help here, or suggest how to fix / correct? Iā€™m sure some config files or some scripts have been modā€™d, but not sure where to look or start.

Thanks in advance anyone! ?

try
journalctl -e -f -u cnode.service

Thanks for your reply, but getting a lot of permission errors:

mkdir: cannot create directory ā€˜/archiveā€™: Permission denied
 /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh: line 50: cardano-node: command not found

The cnode.sh script does exist.

Noting was running from $CNODE_HOME/scripts

Ah, a fellow Queenslander? Are you ADAOZ? Have we met on Telegram? Sorry just on mobile, canā€™t check other posts or your profile.

can u paste all the output?

cheers,

who, me? no, I am Alex -CHRTY

1 Like

/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts $ journalctl -e -f -u cnode.service

Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.

Users in groups ā€˜admā€™, ā€˜systemd-journalā€™ can see all messages.

Pass -q to turn off this notice.

ā€“ Logs begin at Fri 2021-01-08 00:18:15 UTC. ā€“

Apr 08 08:07:20 PRODUCER cnode[3430562]: mkdir: cannot create directory ā€˜/archiveā€™: Permission denied

Apr 08 08:07:20 PRODUCER cnode[3430587]: /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh: line 50: cardano-node: command not found

Apr 08 08:07:25 PRODUCER cnode[3430685]: mkdir: cannot create directory ā€˜/archiveā€™: Permission denied

Apr 08 08:07:25 PRODUCER cnode[3430715]: /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh: line 50: cardano-node: command not found

Apr 08 08:07:30 PRODUCER cnode[3430849]: mkdir: cannot create directory ā€˜/archiveā€™: Permission denied

Apr 08 08:07:30 PRODUCER cnode[3430888]: /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/cnode.sh: line 50: cardano-node: command not found

Apr 08 08:07:36 PRO

nano cnode.sh and try to see what is about on line 50

also try to start the node manually ā€¦ ./cnode.sh are u receiving the same error?

Seems like my permissions somehow were screwed?
/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts $ ./cnode.sh

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:12798

Shutting downā€¦

NoDbMarkerAndNotEmpty ā€œ/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/protocolMagicIdā€

Standard code right? But it shouldnā€™t be falling into line 50?

try to start the node with the old cnode.sh script
it has a _bkpxxx in the name

I know Alex, sorry. My reply was for @kaverne :grinning:

1 Like

Re sendmytip.sh, for those not using CNCLI tools. I intended to open a PR for the changes above, but Mike and Andrea were too quick :grinning: the script has already been updated to reflect 1.26.1 changes!

@Alexd1985 unfortunately the exact same error message with an earlier version of the scriptā€¦ Iā€™ve eve tried copying and running the script from my relays which are working.

Listening on http://127.0.0.1:12798

Shutting downā€¦

NoDbMarkerAndNotEmpty ā€œ/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/protocolMagicIdā€

Is there a way to rebuild with keeping the pool? (Backup the env and /priv folders? ). It was all working fine before re-installing cncli :grimacing:

Yes - this is all you need to restore a pool to any node server.

Hello all:
I would like to upgrade to 1.26, I also have CNTOOLS, is there a way to do the update that has been tested ?