I'd like to know more about the Cardano Foundation

Who are these guys? and why should we trust them with the future of Cardano?

https://cardanofoundation.org/foundation/#foundation-staff
MICHAEL PARSONS FCA
Chairman

Michael Parsons has over 25 years’ experience as an executive and consultant in the banking industry, with a strong emphasis on technological innovation. An early evangelist for Bitcoin, he has become one of the UK’s leading authorities and thought leaders on blockchain distributed ledger technology for financial services and a sought-after speaker and advisor on the subject. He currently serves as the Chairman and Executive Director of the Cardano Foundation, which promotes and supports the new Cardano blockchain protocol. There his mandate is to promote the protocol and associated Cardano ecosystem as well as positively influence the emerging commercial and legislative landscape for blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.

BOB MCDOWALL
Special Advisor

Robert (“Bob”) McDowall is a former Member of the States of Alderney, one of the Channel Islands , where he serves as Chairman of the Policy & Finance Committee, the senior decision making Committee. He now has a number of consulting and advisory roles in the private sector. Bob is a frequent contributor to the financial industry media and has over 35 years experience in the Banking,Securities and Investment Industry. He has an LL.B from University College London He is a Member of the Court of the Tin Plate alias Wireworkers Livery Company and is a former President and a Trustee of the Folklore Society based at the Warburg Institute in London.

5 Likes

Look at what we found :point_up: while scanning the whole history in every detail:

Is this a message from the past? …or the future?
10 months ago, this community member asked and didn’t get any answers that we’re all still waiting for!

Unfortunately this member left the forum back in March.
No answers, no vibrant community. Sad story!

Illustration created by Freepik https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/background

10 Likes

LOL. Any statement from Michael Parsons or still silent? Any signs of reorganization of Cardano Foundation?

7 Likes

Wait…aren’t we the community? i would like to think we are a vibrant and still growing community. If we can fix the bug(s), we should be good .
it looks like this community member that posted this was trying to install confidence in us all about the 2 top leaders in charge.

But i agree, from what has transpired over the months from this original date of this post, No answers. As far and the story being sad, we have hit the sad plot of the story these past few weeks, but, as long as its not the end of the story, we can change the ending :slight_smile:

9 Likes

this guy has some hidden wisdom :bowing_man::bowing_man::bowing_man:

8 Likes

Thats quite a poignant twist to the story!

There’s something I don’t get…

“Michael Parsons has over 25 years’ experience as an executive and consultant in the banking industry”

25 years is quite some time and to survive that long and prosper, one would think that you’d have to build up quite a reputation for yourself. So why risk damaging that reputation by not answering community questions, especially at this stage in your career. This is just me thinking out loud about something that’s been puzzling me.

2 Likes

I agree with you. There are 4 entities in the Cardano Project now… IOHK, CF, Emurgo and the Community. It looks like 3 of the 4 partners are having issues with CF.

IOHK, Emurgo and the Community are all 3 starting to reject the 4th group CF. It is sad.

9 Likes

maybe he did this every single day in the past 24 years…who knows :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

giphy

2 Likes

The new (but never promoted) foundation website has different URLs and no forwarding from former URLs implemented.
So this is the link to the current team working for the foundation’s interests:

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think he ever took the Cardano project seriously. If I had to guess, I think he accepted the role with the expectation that he could increase his Bitcoin position.

2 Likes

that’s what i could guess too!!!

tenor%20(1)

2 Likes

How did Parsons become chairman of CF? Did he just found CF and say, “Now, I’m going to work with this strange new project of Charles Hoskinson”? Was he elected somehow by somebody? These early days of Cardano are still very opaque to me.

1 Like

You spoke my mind. I was wondering the same, when and how did CF incorporate and how come the chairman had no idea about engaging with the community the foundation represents?

1 Like

My guess is that he knew CH back in the Ethereum time and helped with the ADA crowd sale, and he was elected/agreed by everyone to become the Chairman of CF.

Purely speculation and guess.

tenor%20(2)

1 Like

Well, it’s been a while, but I’m glad the issues with the foundation got sorted out. For what it’s worth I’m still a strong supporter of Cardano.