Invalid Mineable tag on CMC

I don’t really know if anyone has tried this before, but I just submitted a change request on Coinmarketcap to remove the marking/label on the https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cardano/ page as it being Mineable.

I wonder if they’ll even look into it, and wonder why it still hasn’t been removed. No one else has either never send a request (which seems unlikely) or they simply don’t handle their feedback well?

Just wondering :slight_smile:

They responded:

Hi,

Please understand that we regard both PoS and PoW as forms of mining, hence the ‘mineable’ tag.

For more information, you may refer to: https://blockgeeks.com/guides/proof-of-work-vs-proof-of-stake/

Thanks.
CoinMarketCap Support

But ADA isn’t either POW nor POS
Not yet…:thinking:

1 Like

What makes you think it’s not POS? While Cardano is not decentralized yet, it still operates as a proof of stake protocol.

So where do i go to stake my ADA?
Tell me cause i can’t find a place yet

“still operates as a proof of stake protocol.”

Really? how?

Currently Cardano runs as federated system, all current nodes (aka pools) where in control of IOHK (maybe also Emurgo and the CF, but I’m not sure about that)

There are several papers for all the different Ouroboros “flavours” and they are all basically proof of stake, but of course you are right: at the moment you can not stake your ADA. Best way to think of it is that everything is defined static.

3 Likes

Are you ok?

It runs with Ouroboros Classic protocol between 7 federated pools. It is technically PoS, you just can’t participate with your own pool/stake currently.

3 Likes

Excuse me?

I’d say they should change the terminology to ‘mint-able’ :slight_smile:

Just FYI @grangonzo What @adatainment says is correct.

That it is ‘neither’ is also incorrect.

Hope this clarifies your uncertainties.

3 Likes

Is the circulating supply correct?
Where can you find that?

It’s probably the accumulated given coins out of the chain to holders from the master node (nodes?) themselves. After releasing the coins you can only track what you gave and not what is where anymore.

I wonder how at this point people still doubt that cardano is POS

Is it POS?
Ok, i have a lot of coins. Where do i stake them

If you didn’t get yet that Cardano is in federated state currently and staking would be live when Shelley is released, maybe and just maybe Cardno isn’t for you!
But at least, at this stage of the project, you own some ADA whisch make you somehow a visionary

But you said it’s proof of stake. Where do i stake?

Can you please stop now?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

But is it POS or it will be POS?

yes.

it’s mineable.

i have mine. :grinning: