Re: Cardano 1.4
10.08.2018 - Cardano Foundation Newsletter
Possible Sybil attack: multiple *big* Stake Pools run by the same person
Cardano 1.3 with Daedalus 0.11
- QA finished, expect release around August 8-9.
- Update proposal push to network planned for tomorrow.
- Lot of refactoring, efficiency improvements:
- Memory utilization down ~90% (from 1.5-2.0 GB down to 150-200 MB).
- Network improvements, ~300% improvement on the time it takes to download blocks.
- Improvements on Connecting to Network issue.
- Largest update for Cardano.
- Refactoring makes the code higher quality and easier to test.
- Release around October.
- Blockchain data storage improvements, from 1,300,000 files on the hard disk down to 44,000.
- Wallet backend specification fully implemented.
Shelley (delegation, decentralization, PoS)
- Incentive Scheme paper and Delegation Specification is finished.
- Planning of the implementation has begun, time estimates and deadlines will become clear by end of August.
- ~21 major work units, some can be done in parallel, some linearly.
- ~1000 stakepools estimated.
- Project Prometheus
- Byron testnet this week.
- Shelley testnet over the next few months.
- Discussion with Vitalik Buterin
- Charles leaves Twitter because of toxic community.
- Video updates like this one will still be posted.
A thousand stake pools—are you hearing what I am hearing?
Great summary m8!