Keep node "running" when I disconnect

my topology file isnt formatting correctly

if you copied from here (forum) replace by hand each " character, because the forum changed the format

cheers,

1 Like

yes I got it working:
},
{
“addr”: “relays-new.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io”,
“port”: 3001,
“valency”: 2
}
]
}

I enjoyed reading everyone’s ideas and advice. I will (or already have) tried them out at least more than once; however; tmux was my favorite. I guess it just fits my personality LOL.

1 Like

I love tmux

tmux is great and I use it ALL the time - here’s a cheatsheet I’ve found to be useful for quickly referencing commands I don’t use often enough to memorize: tmux shortcuts & cheatsheet · GitHub

I would also second @Freja’s suggestion on running it as a service via systemd. Running it as a service is nice because you can configure it to automatically start when the system reboots or if the node fails, etc. and there’s good logging available via journalctl, but like you mentioned it’s really just about what fits for you.

2 Likes

I have started using it and it is wonderful. I know less than a cabbage does about Linux. I am coming from the MSP world as a Windows admin. But, learning fast… even if the swear word frequency has dramatically increased around these parts recently. LOL.