Massive scam pool group uncovered

The system is designed to allow one person to operate more then one pool. This is by Cardano design.

ok and can you propose to us technical implementation of a system that allows 1 person to run only 1 pool? Because nobody knows how to accomplish that. Maybe you know better design than that one Cardano has right now?

We notified the community about the dishonest behaviour and outcome was that the scammer shut all their pools down. I would say that we have achieved more than anyone expected. So I don’t think there is any problem with design.

Yes in stake based ecosystem like Cardano you need to keep community of delegators aware of frauds, scams and similar problems, so they can reconsider who they support, but I don’t see that as a design flaw. Dishonest pool operators, if uncovered, will always end up losing delegators, but if nobody points to the problems, then you can’t expect any action to be taken.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with one person operating more then one pool. My issue is how delegation and rewards are handled by the network. However, it is what it is. I’m fine if it doesn’t change either. I simply disagree with the delegation and reward algorithm, let’s say I’m skeptical that it levels the playing field.

The design provides a gap to be exploited by someone looking to use dishonest sales tactics to gain “customers” or delegators. How long before the pool operators who were delisted will simply just fire up some new pools? Advertising ones pool to get delegators + currently staked (millions) is what people look for when they delegate today. Doesn’t seem to make any sense to me but that’s the way the system currently works due to how it was designed.

if you want,
i can give you a way how to prevent this vote manipulation

I wasn’t concerned about voting. But curious as to what your thoughts are on that particular topic.