Massive scam pool group uncovered

I don’t think there is anything wrong with one person operating more then one pool. My issue is how delegation and rewards are handled by the network. However, it is what it is. I’m fine if it doesn’t change either. I simply disagree with the delegation and reward algorithm, let’s say I’m skeptical that it levels the playing field.

The design provides a gap to be exploited by someone looking to use dishonest sales tactics to gain “customers” or delegators. How long before the pool operators who were delisted will simply just fire up some new pools? Advertising ones pool to get delegators + currently staked (millions) is what people look for when they delegate today. Doesn’t seem to make any sense to me but that’s the way the system currently works due to how it was designed.

if you want,
i can give you a way how to prevent this vote manipulation

I wasn’t concerned about voting. But curious as to what your thoughts are on that particular topic.

Disagree…I believe pool operators should all adhere to a minimum operational standard, the network should have the capability to check and verify that automatically and when people stake they stake to the network, not to a specific node. Operators and stakers should get set % of rewards depending on current network transactional traffic. That would be fair and level the playing field, particularly in places like Africa. It wasn’t done that way because IOHK needed to create a FOMO atmosphere to get people to start operating nodes.

@Curtis_Paul what pool do you run?

STK8P

I’m considering taking it down though. I keep maintaining it, upgrading it, etc… Not getting compensated for my efforts at all. Other pools are and they have more funds staked. So, based on the way the network is designed this simply is a signal to me saying my services are simply not needed.

That is exactly what the network is saying, unless you spin up 20 pools on the same set of relays then fill them with IOHK delegation.

Now do you see the problem?

The way the system works incourages shady salesperson tactics. I think I made that point already in previous posts. But even non shady pools are part of that system architectural issue.

Now SODA increased margin to 100% and pledge decreased to 0. Shady pools will remain shady I guess.

1 Like

It was hacked.

1 Like

How were your pool keys stolen?

Interestingly the “Biden president pool” pool that received IOG funding has now changed to “Yeah” pool. pool1gjy4ds5fetharnl6y09xxnk9xmvxa6hx2q6cgkjp6094w7ee55z

You can see the related pools with metadata hosted on a single github account. 16 of the 19 metadata files are active pools. https://gist.github.com/Gatewi?page=1

Presumably an effort to get enough pools together to vote for a member pool.

so sad to see all this,
but good is in blockchain and internet everything is stored and known

have a nice evening
TTS