Nebiyu Sultan - Platform Statement

Do you have, at least 6 months, or more experience in Project Catalyst?
Yes, I have been engaged with the community since Fund 5

Describe the Community Roles in which you have participated at Project Catalyst (e.g. Voter, Proposer, PA, vPA, Challenge Team, etc.)
I have participated as a Voter, Funded Proposer, PA, Challenge Team and CCv3 Sub Circle. I also organize the Cardano Ethiopia community meetups, and actively promote every catalyst fund round to my community.

What key ideas or issues would you like to champion as a representative at the Catalyst Circle?
As the the number of proposals have reached quite a high number now, the community is getting louder in asking for results. Additionally, there are quite a few redundant projects taking place in catalyst due to lack of information on the projects that exist.

This being said, my main focus, as a rep in catalyst circle, will be to highlight and connect the various projects in catalyst. This can be done through:

• Comprehensive database of every proposal, with relevant keywords and tags for easy search and categorization
  • Candid interviews with completed/failed proposals to enable better future iterations
  • Contact information of proposers for better engagement
  • Highlight and bring attention to quality projects that the community needs to be aware of
  • Better layman explanations of advanced projects to ensure the community sees/understands their value

How do you intend to measure your engagement?

• Community engagements will be reported through Weekly reports which will include recordings and/or minutes of the engagements
  • Bi-weekly office hours will be available to conduct one-one meetings with teams or individuals, and this will be reported weekly as well through the Minutes that will be summited
  • I also intend to recruit team members to work with, and I will be having weekly meetings with them and that too will be recorded.
    Finally, I will be submitting monthly plans of activities for the community to easily track my progress and and give suggestions to issues that I should prioritize.

Is there anything else you would like voters to know as to why you would be a good fit for this seat on the Circle?
This is my second time running for catalyst Circle, and I have been operating as sub-circle in the tool makers and maintainers sub-circle in CCv3.

3 Likes