Please help debug port opening issue - home environment

no - instead check that you have an env file in the folder cardano-my-node
if not download and modify it accordingly
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/alpha/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/env

CNODE_HOME="/home/rob/cardano-my-node"

I have an env file in the /home/rob/cardano-my-node

and is the CNODE_HOME pointing to the right folder?
is it commented out? is the line matches with what I provided - no # at the beginning of the line?

The env file has that line commented out and pointing to the wrong folder. I uncommented and change the path.

Now outside of not liking running it twice in one hour, the output was “rob@relaynode:~/cardano-my-node$ ./topologyUpdater.sh
{ “resultcode”: “504”, “datetime”:“2021-04-14 23:05:06”, “clientIp”: “8.42.76.9”, “iptype”: 4, “msg”: “one request per hour please” }
mv: cannot stat ‘/home/rob/cardano-my-node/files/topology.json.tmp’: No such file or directory”

1 Like

also check this line in env
TOPOLOGY="${CNODE_HOME}/configs/topology.json" # Override default topology.json path

that should point to your topology.json

Thank you I will check that shortly I’m about to have dinner with my family. :+1:

that will be the final step I guess - I also need to go.
it was a good experience…

1 Like

Thank you for all your help! I updated the env to point to my topology.json. Things still aren’t running yet, but I’m guessing I need to give it the necessary four hours before I start troubleshooting again.

1 Like