topologyUpdater returning "glad you want to stay with us, but please check and enable your IP:port reachability"

Running topology updater, it says

{ "resultcode": "403", "datetime":"2021-09-26 22:16:17", "clientIp": "xxx", "iptype": 4, "msg":  "glad you want to stay with us, but please check and enable your IP:port reachability" } 

But my port is open - it’s accessible from the public…

My relay start script:

#!/bin/bash
DIRECTORY=/home/relay/cardano-my-node
PORT=7003
HOSTADDR=0.0.0.0
TOPOLOGY=${DIRECTORY}/mainnet-topology.json
DB_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db
SOCKET_PATH=${DIRECTORY}/db/socket
CONFIG=${DIRECTORY}/mainnet-config.json
/usr/local/bin/cardano-node run --topology ${TOPOLOGY} --database-path ${DB_PATH} --socket-path ${SOCKET_PATH} --host-addr ${HOSTADDR} --port ${PORT} --config ${CONFIG}

What’s going on?

The server is behind a private network?

So I’ve checked https://pooltool.io/ and it says my relay node is online, so maybe I’ll just wait the other hour and try topologyUpdater.sh again.

In the mean time, @Alexd1985 Do you know the cardano-cli command to view how many incoming connections to my relay node? image
I’m not sure what’s going on with gLiveView, the port says 6000 but from the config I stated above, I’m running the node on port 7003 not 6000. gLiveView is also reporting 0 incoming connections, but I’m going to guess that there are incoming connections, there’s just something wrong with gLiveView reading the network stats.

Do you know the cardano-cli command to manually check the incoming peer nodes? Thanks!

Ok… u started the node with 7003… then nano env and replace cnode port 6000 with 7003 and restart the node…
also I see your producer is not connected to the relay (on relay u have 0 IN peers)

Yeah forget this post. There were too many issues with podman, systemd, dbus, etc… I’m removing my containers and instead running the nodes inside a KVM instead…

1 Like