Dear Community Member,
We are delighted to announce the funded proposals in Project Catalyst Fund6. Congratulations to all those projects that have received community approval.
The official results
You can find the full F6 tally results via this link.
Fund6 - 151 proposals funded plus 21 community and 2 IOHK challenges for Fund7 selected
- Fund2 - 12 projects funded
- Fund3 - 21 projects funded + 2 community challenges selected
- Fund4 - 51 projects funded + 5 community challenges selected
- Fund5 - 70 projects funded + 5 community challenges selected
- Look back
Fund6 - 292,395 total votes cast, ±44,500 unique wallets registered
- Fund2 - ±24,000 votes cast, ±1,700 unique wallets registered
- Fund3 - ±120,000 votes cast, ±20,000 unique wallets registered
- Fund4 - ±217,000 votes cast, ±23,000 unique wallets registered
- Fund5 - ±250,000 votes cast, +33,000 unique wallets registered
- Note: one person/wallet can cast multiple votes
- Look back
Wish to look for the previously funded proposals?
- Check this link instead.
These are NOT proposals for actual projects - but rather community driven choices of themes that anyone can submit actual proposals for during Fund7 - these were voted upon during Fund6 vote just finished.
- This allows Cardano community to vote on direction of fund dispersion
Community voted - $5,475,000 available
- Nation Building Dapps: $600,000
- A.I. & SingularityNet a $5T market: $500,000
- Boosting Cardano’s DeFi: $500,000
- DAOs <3 Cardano: $500,000
- Grow Latin America, Grow Cardano: $500,000
- Scale-UP Cardano’s Community Hubs: $350,000
- Catalyst - Rapid Funding Mechanisms: $250,000
- DApps & Integrations: $250,000
- Gamers On-Chained: $250,000
- New SPO Business Opportunities: $250,000
- Community Events: $200,000
- Mini/Low-Budget Dapps &Integrations: $200,000
- Miscellaneous Challenge: $200,000
- Open Source Developer Ecosystem: $200,000
- Seeding Cardano’s Grassroots DeFi: $200,000
- Disarm cyber disinformation attacks: $100,000
- Global Sustainable Indep. SPO’s: $100,000
- Improve and Grow Auditability: $100,000
- Multilingual resources: $100,000
- Lobbying for favourable legislation: $75,000
IOG selected- $925,000 available
- Catalyst Accelerator & Mentors: $500,000
- Decentralized Identity Ecosystem Enablement: $425,000
Note: This marks the last time where IOG will have an option to reserve challenges on its own. Starting from Fund7 - all challenge setting categories are now entirely up to vote. It will make another big milestone in the process of decentralization.
If you were not successful in Fund6, we know this may be disheartening right now. The Catalyst team would like to thank all proposers who have shown the courage to participate and innovate regardless of the funding outcome. We hope the feedback you have received encourages you to strengthen your ideas and enter a future challenge.
There are more opportunities coming with the funding amounts increasing every round - meaning more projects can be realised. Fund7 opens on November 11 - $8,000,000 in ada for funding. Proposal submission opens on November 18
An extra appreciation to each and everyone of you who took part in this round – from making proposals to refining, acting as community advisors to voting. The list is so long but we couldn’t have done it without you all!
Funded F6 proposers
Proposers who received approval for funding - we will be in touch with all the details this week. Keep an eye for a separate e-mail with onboarding tasks. If you are a co-proposer, make sure your primary proposal owner has a valid e-mail associated with the Ideascale account in order to receive the communication. If you don’t complete onboarding in time - you will not be able to claim the funding.
Fund6 voting rewards and incentives (CAs, vCAs, referrals) distribution is expected to commence during the first week of November 2021. Subscribe to the announcement channel to know when that happens.
Get in touch about Catalyst
I also wrote this write up as part of the mailing list for the Catalyst. Hit subscribe via link below if you wish to get this into your e-mail instead.
Community at Project Catalyst
Where to find Project Catalyst?
Catalyst Announcements only: Telegram: Contact @cardanocatalyst
Subscribe to the Catalyst mailing list: IOHK