Project Catalyst - Get Up To Speed With The Weekly Update

Dear Community Member,

Another busy week in the Catalyst land. What’s the latest?

250,000+ votes cast in Fund5

Yes, you heard it right. And all of this is possible thanks to all of you. Be proud of the work that each and everyone one of you has been putting into making on-chain governance a reality - not just a theory. Thank you all! Note: For clarification: one person can cast more than one vote.

What did I miss during this week’s town hall?

Town hall #19 recording with timestamps: Project Catalyst - Weekly Town Hall - YouTube

Too busy to watch it all? You have :v:options:

:memo: Skip over presentation slides: Catalyst Fund5 Townhall #19 - Google Slides
:baby_chick: Check out tweet recap: https://bit.ly/2VAdfxQ

:bulb: NEW: Recurring link - register once - keep the same log in and calendar entry. Do it now via this link & save the spot already for August 11th @ 18:00 UTC and every week following.

Special live keynote by Charles Hoskinson next week at the beginning of the town hall.

Eastern hemisphere rocks!

Eastern town hall / Cardano meet up took place for the second time and continues on with great feedback presenting break out rooms in English, Japanese, Vietnamese or Indonesian . There’s room for more!

:point_right: Rewatch the introduction segment of this event via this link. Passcode: U&*J2%2w
:point_right: #wennext? Every Thursday at noon UTC - register via this link

Fund6 begins on August 12th

Start thinking about your proposals and ideas. Fund6 with 4 million US dollars worth of ada in it begins its cycle on August 12th with the insight stage. We will also be presenting all the remaining challenges and outlining the first steps for everyone during the next week’s town hall.

Shortly, we are going to learn who the Fund5 recipients are going to be. However, we already have learned this week what all community choice challenges for Fund6 are. 10 unique themes totalling almost $1.2M allocated in funds - all grassroots driven by the community entirely. And now you can start brainstorming for when they open next week:

Catalyst Circle is now complete

With the latest addition of Voters’ representative, the Catalyst Circle is now complete. If you are hearing about the Catalyst Circle for the first time - I highly recommend checking out our blog piece written by Kriss Baird. Congratulations to all selected candidates and looking forward following your work along the way. Some of the initial themes that are being worked on by the CC members are outlined in this Trello board here. You can also rewatch the last Circle meeting via this link.

Get in touch

And that’s all I have for now. Have questions or any doubts? Comment below or DM me directly via twitter or telegram - I’ll get back to you as soon as possible! I also wrote this as part of our mailing list. If you wish to catch this in your e-mail directly - subscribe to the mailing list below instead.

Where to find Project Catalyst?

:mega: Announcements only: Telegram: Contact @cardanocatalyst

:e-mail: Subscribe to the mailing list: IOHK

Enjoy your weekend ahead.

Danny & the Project Catalyst team

Daniel Ribar
Community at Project Catalyst

Telegram: danny_cryptofay
Twitter: @danny_cryptofay

Input Output

Twitter Github LinkedIn YouTube Facebook Reddit Meetup CardanoAnnouncements

4 Likes

Thank you Danny. Have nice weekend!

1 Like

Is the Atala Prism DID Mass-Scale Adoption even possible or I guess the better question is will the SDKs be released in order to test and build a use case around?

Nice summary Danny. Well done! Looking forward for more.