Query UTXO on TESTNET not showing transactions

I have been working on documenting and setting up a Cardano Testnet to practice my steps for creating a live mainnet in the near future. After following the steps for configuration, I find that I can’t seem to get my balance after sending over TADA and using this command

cardano-cli query utxo \
--address $(cat payment.addr) \
--testnet-magic 1097911063

Instead of getting any Txhash or ID, I get a blank line as if no transaction has been submitted. I took a copy of the payment.addr and submitted it to the Cardano Explorer and can confirm that the money is assigned to that payment address. Can anyone advise me to where I might have made a mistake or how to get the txHash if it doesn’t show from that command?

Unlike most of these testnet documents state, the git branch to pull has to be more recent to have the sync progress displayed. I updated mine to 1.29.0 and was able to get the sync message to display and then found that the system stopped at 95.06% db sync. Used rm -rf db to remove the database and restarted the node to sync. The node still didn’t sync and stopped at the same amount. Do I need to start all over again or is there something that I’m missing here?

Turns out that the git branch, as of writing this, must be at 1.30.1. Otherwise there will be progress past roughly 95%. Updated to next release and can send and receive transactions.