RavenDEX

This is outrageous. Its a scam.

Many of those are simply press releases that are automatically picked up and published. The Press release feeds are rarely filtered. Hence things like this can flow through.

I, can write a press release, push it through the various channels and if one or two smaller news sites pick it up, the others usually will too.

I got many articles published on Yahoo and other prominent websites. Costs around $300USD to do.

People should really take a look at this. I don’t know how the instances of Cardano are working, but more people get baited by this kind of thing and nobody is reacting in the highest spheres.

Ravendex and VERLUX NET are the same ppl. Scam 100%

You ARE a scam

Last night, the Ravendex team announced they will take a 12 day holiday (which would give them a nice 2 week advantage for a rug pull). The tg group went crazy as it was labeled as scam officially.

All the time, people are buying into this and related projects which have fake teams. Pre-Sales are ongoing.

The scam cartel from which Ravendex stood out as a potentially half-cooked real project includes:

VerluxNFT (also scam-labelled on tg)
CanonX (rug pulled already)
Rocketpad (admittedly into hiding)
IDOwall (admittedly into hiding)

See my other post about the fake teams.

Ravendex is still on essential-cardano which is a disgrace for IOHK.

Now that the token is listed on P2pb2b and Bitmart next, do you still believe the project is a scam sir? I’m also an investor and I have been following the project closely since September, I don’t see the justification for it being called a scam. Surely they can improve in their communication but they are legit

And what does bit mart have to do with this? Have you seen the other projects that bitmart lists? Basically whoever pays up gets listed.

I’m commenting on the fact that the person had said that the basis for the project being a scam is that team has not released any platform to exchange it but how many projects have listed while they are still being developed? I have not heard any sound arguments why the project is a scam

When there released a “demo” video, they showed a copy of ergodex with the logo exchanged to Ravendex, do I remember right?

And when asked why the github is empty, answered it isn’t, but it still is empty?

Everything they showed until now was static, correct?

If there is any proof of any work done, please show it. I asked for that and others did, to no avail.

Ravendex is down since yesterday evening.

I don’t think Ravendex can explain this away.

Consider this scam busted.

https://forum.cardano.org/t/capitrade-launchpad-scam-lots-of-other-scams-finally-busted/96916/2

I made a pull request for the “essential-cardano” list on GitHub some days ago to remove this evidently Scam project but it seems some members of IOHK still want to support a Scam. like wtf? Removed the evidently Scam DEX ravendex.io by domib97 · Pull Request #233 · input-output-hk/essential-cardano · GitHub

A good question about due diligence of this “essential” list: What due diligence is done on the projects in this list? · Issue #164 · input-output-hk/essential-cardano · GitHub

How do you conclude that? I don’t see any voices against your pull request.

Another explanation (also worrying, but not as worrying) would be that they just have no people and/or processes in place to ensure that pull requests are taken care of in due time.

I agree that it is probably because of a lack of Quality Assessment and Due Diligence but people should be responsible for their work, especially if it includes a list of projects that newcomers look up to invest their money in.

The fact of a really short timeline from PR to merging a new project to an “essential” list from !! IOHK !! should be worrying.

2 Likes

Totally with you on that!

The exclamation marks around “IOHK” are already part of the problem. The special role of IOHK and Emurgo should be phased out.

The foundation seems to have a policy of not promoting single projects (with an exception for the wallet apps of IOHK and Emurgo, obviously).

Don’t know if that can stand. Maybe we need at least semi-official lists of wallet apps, NFT marketplaces and DEXes (once they are operational) on the main website – to not totally let people alone with an unhelpful “DYOR!” – with clear processes on how to remove from these lists – fast if need is there.

A list of projects still in development – like these scams try to make the impression – is not really necessary in my opinion. Some general remarks on the need of carefully assessing things (including Cardano itself) before you put significant money in there should be enough. But these words should maybe be very strong, considering the amount of people falling for all kinds of scams.

1 Like

So I was a part of the Ravendex telegram from the beginning. I’ll be honest in the begininng it looked like a 50/50 chance of it being a scam. Around December is when I i decided I should pull out of the scam.

I stayed in the telegram group the entire time and just left it. The telegram moderators are so ridiculously hostile towards anyone who tries to share accurate information. Even when you tell people to look into it themselves the moderators jump on you and kick you from the group.

I really feel for all the people who invested in the project and are blind to see that it isn’t real.
Ravendex promised a DEX and there has been zero progress made. They said Q4 of 2022
Ravendex promised NfT staking and they have been “working” on it for 3 months with zero progress.
They even promised an airdrop for investors and they couldn’t even pull that off.

The telegram group is swarming with fake accounts too. It’s sad because people are just blindly following the promises of scammers. The feel of the group chat is almost like a cult. There has to be an easier way of getting projects like these flagged and banned. Otherwise new investors will keep falling prey to these “get rich quick” scams.

4 Likes

I spoke to IOHK about this, why are scams on the list, and the answer was “essential cardano is not an endorsement of any product, and not much scrutiny is applied”.

Will not make public here who said this bc have no ok (was top-level) but that’s the approch

2 Likes

That is … wow.

3 Likes

nice to see i was right a year ago…