Recover the 15 words wallet with 14 words

hello
i had some ADA in my wallet [ Yoroi - 15 seeds wallet (I’m not familiar with ADA wallets so idk it was shelley or not)] then i tried to find seeds in Yoroi wallet like other wallets from setting but it has not any recovery method for seeing my seeds again and write them down… when i made that wallet on iOS, i wrote them down on a paper and found it; recently changed my phone (with 100% backup - but Yoroi doesn’t let apple backup of wallet data) and tried to restore the seeds and i realized it is 14 not 15! so i tried to recover from some scripts in Github for only one parameter at the first or at the end! i tried this link: ByronRevovery · GitHub but it is for 12 words not 15; so strange it recovered another wallet for me with a single word added for me with the address i pasted to it! its insane idk how it did recovered another wallet.

at the first, thanks in advance.

i have 14 words with ** correct order **.
but i don’t know the 15th word is in 15th section or 1th section.
so i have 1-14 or 2-15.

lets take words as alphabet:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
a b c d e f g h i  j  k  l  m  n  o

so idk the “a” is lost or “o”.

so as bip39 words (2048) we have 2 Permutations here on a" and o".

so i need an script or something else (just open source) like ByronRevovery · GitHub to recover the a" or o". if someone can help me I’ll really appreciate him/her for help, (and donate him/her some ADA directly to helper.).

Hmm… I know there are more scripts… did u checked this topic?

I believe @HeptaSean can give u more details

Cheers,

1 Like

thanks man, so do i need to send dm to sir @HeptaSean or not? is he ping by tagging here?

Yeah, just wait for his reply

1 Like

Hi, @adaloser
@HeptaSean Script worked for me perfectly…
If you need more help, contact me.

This one should work for you:

1 Like

Thanks man i used that and tested with a known wallet, but what should i do with 64 HEX strings it provided to me?

They are just information, what the result of that seed phrase is. (I’m currently working on a variant, where it will give you the stake key instead, makes much more sense.)

Important are the possible seed phrases before those hex strings. Those are the possibilities that at least have a correct checksum.

So, for one of 15 words missing, the script brings it down from 2048 possibilities to 64. For you, it’s 128 instead of 4096, since you have two possible positions. Still a lot, but doable.

1 Like

Thanks sir, but if you can improve this to check all seeds on IOHK it will be awesome. I personally if reach to my wallet will donate you as well🙏

1 Like

Working on it (actually on either you give the stake key you are searching or it will check on blockfrost.io if the stake key has ever been active). But I cannot promise an estimated time of arrival.

If it is urgent: Check manually. If you have time, there will be a more comfortable solution.

1 Like

thank you. is there any telegram related account for business up to you?

thanks man for your great script; i recovered all posiblites for 15 words permutations; i want to know is there anyway to convert the HEXs or seeds into keyfile directly? because the permutations made 977 seeds. i need to see the addresses of the HEXs or anything help me to find my balance or staking section. thanks again.

It is poosible, but I have not found a tool that does it straightforward.

And I have not finished my tool to do it, either.

The hex value is the “entropy” encoded in the seed phrase. From this, a master key and then all the receive addresses and the stake key are derived by a process described in CIP-1852 and related documents.

cardano-wallet (GitHub - cardano-foundation/cardano-wallet: HTTP server & command-line for managing UTxOs and HD wallets in Cardano.) can import wallets and then show you the addresses of these wallets. Could be scripted to automatically import the 977 seeds that you have and then compare the addresses to some target you give it.

1 Like

thank you so much for the information. I will try to make script and then share it here if it worked.

btw i inserted them manually all 977 possibilities; didn’t get the right wallet…
idk what should i do after this…
i think we need to relate the stake key directly into seeds and check them… i used this and it detects all the same seeds as your script without hash (i checked all of them by ultra compare program to be sure its same)… tried them twice and nothing happened.
if you have any recommendations ill really appreciate that.
thanks in advance.

:green_circle:and is it possible to recover the wallet from catalysts hashkey and password? I have catalyst hash and pin code

Next thing would be to check for typos that lead to other words on the list. There are surprisingly many closely related words like “food”, “foot”, “good”, “hood”, …

I’m really in the process of writing a script that does all that and can compare the result either to given stake keys or look in BlockFrost if the stake key has ever been active. But spare time projects take time. Sorry!

The Catalyst key won’t help, I’m afraid. As far as I know, it is created randomly and independently of your seed and just registered with a transaction.

1 Like

thanks for your recommendations, i will try to find same structure words and check them one by one.
we will wait for your script.
yeah about the catalyst i guess tho…
thanks for your attention again.

If you are still searching, I have written a far better usable script and presented it here:

@HeptaSean Thank you for your post on GitHub and the script you developed. I am inexperienced with using Python and am having trouble getting the commands to work.

-I downloaded and installed Python.
-Downloaded PySeedRecover 1.0.1 and extracted all of the contents to one directory

I have been navigating to the file directory where PySeedRecover is located and launching cmd prompt from there. pip install PySeedRecover works no problem. However, after loading the module, none of the script commands work.

I keep getting “is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.”

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Problem is: I haven’t used Windows for 20 years. So, I can just guess.

This should not have been necessary, because …

pip installs packages from the Internet. They don’t need to be downloaded manually before that.

That’s strange. https://stackoverflow.com/a/36160069 says that normally the Python installation should add the Scripts directory to your path. Did it ask for something like that during installation?

They say that there is a script Tools\scripts\win_add2path.py in the Python directory that adds the scripts to the path. Perhaps, a new command prompt has to be started for that to take effect.

And then seedrecover should be available on the normal command prompt (or in Powershell).

I figured out that some of the install options for Python weren’t enabled. Got it to work now. Running through some code now to try and recover my seed phrase.

Thanks for developing this.

1 Like