I was able to setup two relay nodes and one BP node. I am trying to get my BP node to talk to the relays. It seems like BP node is syncing nicely from my relay nodes (without errors) but both of my relay nodes give the following error in reference to my BP node:
[ip-172-3:cardano.node.IpSubscription:Error:62] [2021-03-11 14:09:08.52 UTC] IPs: 0.0.0.0:0 [BP IP:Port] Connection Attempt Exception, destination BP IP:Port exception: Network.Socket.connect: <socket: 26>: timeout (Connection timed out)
What does this mean and please help if you have a solution.
Check the topology file, and try to start the node with host address 0.0.0.0
Actually, my issue was I didn’t enable my BP Node to accept incoming traffic on AWS. It works now!
Thank you, sir! I appreciate your help!
Hi @kitawb, sorry for reviving this thread again. I am also trying to learn more about operating a stake and encountered similar issues as yours/ When you are configuring the inbound traffic for your block producing node, what did you set for the protocol?
- Was your protocol still TCP?
- Did you use the private IPv4 or public IPv4 for the allowed IPs for inbound traffic to make this work?
- Do you have to set the inbound traffic on both the relay node and core node’s end to get this to work?
Here are my answers to your questions:
- Public IPv4
- Yes, but for your core node, you need to specify it so that it accepts inbound traffic from your relay nodes only
I hope this helps!
Thanks for the quick response. To clarify on your third answer to my question. Does that mean you
- Set your relay node to accept inbound traffic from any IPs
- Set your block producing node to only accept inbound traffic from your relay node.
I would like to especially clarify if you perform Part 1.