Setting up a custom node for nami wallet

Hello all, I am planning on setting up a cardano node purely for using it as a custom node to use in conjunction with the nami wallet, to avoid congestion. I am new to linux but have some IT skills.

I have set up a ubuntu server and installed cardano-node, it is running and working fine, I have been following this guide: Installing Cardano-node - Stake pool course

This is where I am stuck. I am unsure of how to continue to achieve my goal of using it as a custom node, I have an idea I need to open ports and also set up cardano-node/tx-submit-mainnet-config.yaml at master · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub to allow the node to process my transactions. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nami uses blockfrost under the covers so it will also use the nodes that they host as part of their infrastructure to support the API.

You could theoretically clone the repository and make a local build that is customized to use your API token, a custom back end, or even perhaps point it to your local fully synced node. I have not tested this theory and have no idea how well it would work. However it does seem like some constant variables are used within the project to make overriding the default values easier:

Recent nami update allows input of ip:port custom node connection :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome! Seems like the popularity of ss dex has also helped test the limitations of blockfrost recently judging by the congestion and workarounds.

1 Like

We are forming a coalition of SPOs running submitapi.sh and developing best practices and collecting end user feed back. https://freeloaderz.io

2 Likes