Small SPOs - have you noticed a change in the number of slots being allocated since Epoch 320

I thought I would post this as an update to this conversation topic. Have a look at the diagram, which shows blocks produced by my StakePool GNP1. Two important points in time: 1. A Fork around Epoch 320 and when I changed my vrf keys around Epoch 392. It is essential to remember the following:

1. I went 72 Epochs with only 3 slot allocations, which was way below the expected amount based on stake.
  2. I checked for slots using the CLI command every 5 days meticulously, and apart from the 3 slot allocations during this period, there were no other slots allocated.
  3. At no time during this period did I change the configuration of the Stakepool or change any keys or anything else except for normal KES key rotation.
  4. The 3 blocks minted during the period did so as expected.
  5. When the vrf keys were changed, there was an immediate change in luck, as the diagram shows.
  6. Yes the stake did increase towards the end but not by an amount that is proportional to the change in slot allocation,

A couple of members have tried to ridicule me on this, but all I can say is that there definitely appears to have been some issue here that went beyond my Stakepool. This is posted for informational purposes so that IOG or anyone who wants to can take this into consideration when reviewing their code.

This long period in time had a serious impact on my Lifetime Luck as reported on many explorers dropping from the 90 + % levels to something like 79% and I am still trying to recover from this. So yes I was annoyed.

I will not be checking anything further on this.

2 Likes