Unable to "cabal build all"

I’m running Linux (ubuntu 18.04) VM on Azure.
Following the instructions from here: https://cardano-foundation.gitbook.io/stake-pool-course/stake-pool-guide/getting-started/install-node

Unable to complete this stage
cabal build all

These are the last few lines:
[52 of 55] Compiling Shelley.Spec.Ledger.API.Mempool ( src/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Mempool.hs, /home/akhilesh890/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.6.5/shelley-spec-ledger-0.1.0.0/build/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Mempool.o)
[53 of 55] Compiling Shelley.Spec.Ledger.API.Protocol ( src/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Protocol.hs, /home/akhilesh890/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.6.5/shelley-spec-ledger-0.1.0.0/build/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Protocol.o )
[54 of 55] Compiling Shelley.Spec.Ledger.API.Wallet ( src/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Wallet.hs, /home/akhilesh890/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.6.5/shelley-spec-ledger-0.1.0.0/build/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API/Wallet.o )
[55 of 55] Compiling Shelley.Spec.Ledger.API ( src/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API.hs, /home/akhilesh890/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.6.5/shelley-spec-ledger-0.1.0.0/build/Shelley/Spec/Ledger/API.o )
cabal: Failed to build ouroboros-consensus-0.1.0.0 (which is required by
exe:db-validator from ouroboros-consensus-cardano-0.1.0.0, exe:db-analyser
from ouroboros-consensus-cardano-0.1.0.0 and others).
Failed to build small-steps-test-0.1.0.0 (which is required by
shelley-spec-ledger-test-0.1.0.0).

I checked some other posts here, and tried this recommendation, but doesn’t help:
cabal clean
cabal update
cabal build all

Hello Ash,

What version of cabal are you running? You can check via:

cabal --version

Thanks in advance.

Your friend, FROG

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt reply, @ADAfrog:

akh@cardano-node-test:~/cardano-node$ cabal --version
cabal-install version 3.2.0.0
compiled using version 3.2.0.0 of the Cabal library

@ADAfrog, I got it working. My bad, I missed the following steps:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH"

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Awesome!

Make sure to also add that to your .bashrc so you don’t run into issues with your node down the road

2 Likes