UPDATE CARDANO NODE to 1.26.1 - FOR CNTOOLS users

Ok, this I wanted to confirm… if after server restart the node will start or not

Thank u

1 Like

Hello Alex:
After upgrading to 1.26 the tip (diff) is mostly yellow, is it normal? do you think I need memory or CPU I got 8RAM 4Vcpus.
Thanks

Yes, it is normal… As long u are not out of sync it is ok

for me all relays and producer took around 45minutes to complete the sync

How do I check for sync?cncli.sh sync?

If the node is unsynced u should see in glive the message syncing…

Hey Alex! Awesome post - I followed this to the letter, no errors. Unfortunately when I start my node, it still shows Version 1.25.1. Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong?

cd ~/.cabal/bin

cardano-cli - -version
cardano-node - -version

Hey Alex -

cardano-cli --version = 1.26.1
cardano-node --version = 1.25.1

Ok…

Do u use cntools right?
Now in glive shows u 1.25.1

Try to run again the deploy-as-systemd.sh script and check again

if not
delete the scripts folder

cd CNODE_HOME
ls -l
sudo rm -R scripts

and run again prereqs.sh

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh

. “${HOME}/.bashrc” (replace the “ from ur keyboard… the forum change the format)

then deploy-as-systemd.sh

sudo systemctl restart cnode

Check in glive

I didn’t build the node with cntools, no :frowning: And yep, glive shows 1.25.1

I ran./deploy-as-systemd.sh again and it updated, but glive gives the error: You specified 12788 as your EKG port, but it looks like the cardano-node (PID 4484) is not listening on this port. Please update the config or kill the conflicting process first.

I ran through the steps starting with deleting the scripts folder, here is the output:
a1xxx@Cxxxxxxx:/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts$ sudo ./deploy-as-systemd.sh
~~ Cardano Node ~~
launches the main cnode.sh script to start cardano-node

automatically deployed!

~~ Topology Updater ~~
An intermediate centralized solution for relay nodes to handle the static topology files until P2P network module is implemented on protocol level.
A service file is deployed that once every 60 min send a message to API. After 4 consecutive successful requests (3 hours) the relay is accepted and available for others to fetch. If the node is turned off, it’s automatically delisted after 3 hours.
For more info, visit Guild Operators Documentation

Deploy Topology Updater as systemd services? (only for relay nodes) [y|n]y
At what interval do you want to restart the relay node to fetch and load a fresh topology file?
Enter interval in seconds, blank for default: 1 day (86400s): 7200

~~ Blocklog / PoolTool SendSlots ~~
A collection of services that together creates a blocklog of current and upcoming blocks
Dependant on cnode.service and when started|stopped|restarted all these companion services will apply the same action
cnode-cncli-sync : Start CNCLI chainsync process that connects to cardano-node to sync blocks stored in SQLite DB
cnode-cncli-leaderlog : Loops through all slots in current epoch to calculate leader schedule
cnode-cncli-validate : Confirms that the block made actually was accepted and adopted by chain
cnode-cncli-ptsendslots : Securely sends PoolTool the number of slots you have assigned for an epoch and validates the correctness of your past epochs (optional)
cnode-logmonitor : Parses JSON log of cardano-node for traces of interest to give instant adopted status and invalid status (optional)

Deploy Blocklog as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ PoolTool SendSlots ~~
Securely sends pooltool the number of slots you have assigned for an epoch and validates the correctness of your past epochs

Deploy PoolTool SendSlots as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ Log Monitor ~~
Parses JSON log of cardano-node for traces of interest to give instant adopted status and invalid status
Optional to use, blocklog will function but without above mentioned features

Deploy Log Monitor as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ PoolTool SendTip ~~
Countinously sends node tip to PoolTool for network analysis and to show that your node is alive and well with a green badge
Dependant on cnode.service and when started|stopped|restarted ptsendtip services will apply the same action

Deploy PoolTool SendTip as systemd services? [y|n]y

If not done already, update ‘User Variables’ section in relevant script in /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/ folder
E.g env, cnode.sh, cncli.sh, gLiveView.sh, topologyUpdater.sh
You can then start/restart the node with sudo systemctl restart cnode
This will automatically start all installed companion services due to service dependency

After running sudo systemctl restart cnode, the error output is: Error: You specified 12788 as your EKG port, but it looks like the cardano-node (PID 4484) is not listening on this port. Please update the config or kill the conflicting process first.

cardano-cli version = 1.26.1
cardano-node --version = 1.25.1

edit: Just realized I place my user object in there, so other than changing it, no other modifications were made to the above.

Do u had the folder scripts before?
the path /opt/cardano/cnode ?

Perhaps u follow another quide when u installed 1.25.1

General question for a version upgrade. Should I be updating the cold-box cli too? (obviously via offline method)

I think 1.26.1 it’s not mandatory for the moment… but u can update it

I did, I followed coincashew’s document to build out 1.25.1.

I also modified the location the socket in env to /db/socket and gLiveView.sh opens up to version 1.25.1

Then I think u can delete the /opt/cardano/cnode folder… u don’t need it…

In which folder are ur scripts and config files?

Hey @Alexd1985 - sent you a message and an offer of to pay you for your time to fix my disastrous nodes.

Do not give up yet.You build the 1.26.1 but you are running the older version.
Locate both your cardano-node files on your system
cd /
find -type f -name cardano-node
Check their dates - the new is likely the 1.26.1

Run sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/cardano-node.service
and look for a line starting ExecStart. There you’ll find tha actual script that starts your node. - typically startNode.sh

Run cat startNode.sh . It will tell you where it expects the exectable - typically /home/myusername/.local/bin/cardano-node

Stop your node sudo sytemctl stop cardano-node
Copy the new executable to the right location (you may want to backup your 1.25.1 first)
Start your node

1 Like

Hey can anyone help me with resolving the dependency errors i get when trying to build cardano-cli and cardano-node?