UPDATE CARDANO NODE to 1.26.1 - FOR CNTOOLS users

Ok, this I wanted to confirm… if after server restart the node will start or not

Thank u

1 Like

Hello Alex:
After upgrading to 1.26 the tip (diff) is mostly yellow, is it normal? do you think I need memory or CPU I got 8RAM 4Vcpus.
Thanks

Yes, it is normal… As long u are not out of sync it is ok

for me all relays and producer took around 45minutes to complete the sync

How do I check for sync?cncli.sh sync?

If the node is unsynced u should see in glive the message syncing…

Hey Alex! Awesome post - I followed this to the letter, no errors. Unfortunately when I start my node, it still shows Version 1.25.1. Do you have an idea what I am doing wrong?

cd ~/.cabal/bin

cardano-cli - -version
cardano-node - -version

Hey Alex -

cardano-cli --version = 1.26.1
cardano-node --version = 1.25.1

Ok…

Do u use cntools right?
Now in glive shows u 1.25.1

Try to run again the deploy-as-systemd.sh script and check again

if not
delete the scripts folder

cd CNODE_HOME
ls -l
sudo rm -R scripts

and run again prereqs.sh

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh

. “${HOME}/.bashrc” (replace the “ from ur keyboard… the forum change the format)

then deploy-as-systemd.sh

sudo systemctl restart cnode

Check in glive

I didn’t build the node with cntools, no :frowning: And yep, glive shows 1.25.1

I ran./deploy-as-systemd.sh again and it updated, but glive gives the error: You specified 12788 as your EKG port, but it looks like the cardano-node (PID 4484) is not listening on this port. Please update the config or kill the conflicting process first.

I ran through the steps starting with deleting the scripts folder, here is the output:
a1xxx@Cxxxxxxx:/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts$ sudo ./deploy-as-systemd.sh
~~ Cardano Node ~~
launches the main cnode.sh script to start cardano-node

automatically deployed!

~~ Topology Updater ~~
An intermediate centralized solution for relay nodes to handle the static topology files until P2P network module is implemented on protocol level.
A service file is deployed that once every 60 min send a message to API. After 4 consecutive successful requests (3 hours) the relay is accepted and available for others to fetch. If the node is turned off, it’s automatically delisted after 3 hours.
For more info, visit Guild Operators Documentation

Deploy Topology Updater as systemd services? (only for relay nodes) [y|n]y
At what interval do you want to restart the relay node to fetch and load a fresh topology file?
Enter interval in seconds, blank for default: 1 day (86400s): 7200

~~ Blocklog / PoolTool SendSlots ~~
A collection of services that together creates a blocklog of current and upcoming blocks
Dependant on cnode.service and when started|stopped|restarted all these companion services will apply the same action
cnode-cncli-sync : Start CNCLI chainsync process that connects to cardano-node to sync blocks stored in SQLite DB
cnode-cncli-leaderlog : Loops through all slots in current epoch to calculate leader schedule
cnode-cncli-validate : Confirms that the block made actually was accepted and adopted by chain
cnode-cncli-ptsendslots : Securely sends PoolTool the number of slots you have assigned for an epoch and validates the correctness of your past epochs (optional)
cnode-logmonitor : Parses JSON log of cardano-node for traces of interest to give instant adopted status and invalid status (optional)

Deploy Blocklog as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ PoolTool SendSlots ~~
Securely sends pooltool the number of slots you have assigned for an epoch and validates the correctness of your past epochs

Deploy PoolTool SendSlots as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ Log Monitor ~~
Parses JSON log of cardano-node for traces of interest to give instant adopted status and invalid status
Optional to use, blocklog will function but without above mentioned features

Deploy Log Monitor as systemd services? [y|n]y

~~ PoolTool SendTip ~~
Countinously sends node tip to PoolTool for network analysis and to show that your node is alive and well with a green badge
Dependant on cnode.service and when started|stopped|restarted ptsendtip services will apply the same action

Deploy PoolTool SendTip as systemd services? [y|n]y

If not done already, update ‘User Variables’ section in relevant script in /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/ folder
E.g env, cnode.sh, cncli.sh, gLiveView.sh, topologyUpdater.sh
You can then start/restart the node with sudo systemctl restart cnode
This will automatically start all installed companion services due to service dependency

After running sudo systemctl restart cnode, the error output is: Error: You specified 12788 as your EKG port, but it looks like the cardano-node (PID 4484) is not listening on this port. Please update the config or kill the conflicting process first.

cardano-cli version = 1.26.1
cardano-node --version = 1.25.1

edit: Just realized I place my user object in there, so other than changing it, no other modifications were made to the above.

Do u had the folder scripts before?
the path /opt/cardano/cnode ?

Perhaps u follow another quide when u installed 1.25.1

General question for a version upgrade. Should I be updating the cold-box cli too? (obviously via offline method)

I think 1.26.1 it’s not mandatory for the moment… but u can update it

I did, I followed coincashew’s document to build out 1.25.1.

I also modified the location the socket in env to /db/socket and gLiveView.sh opens up to version 1.25.1

Then I think u can delete the /opt/cardano/cnode folder… u don’t need it…

In which folder are ur scripts and config files?

Hey @Alexd1985 - sent you a message and an offer of to pay you for your time to fix my disastrous nodes.