Upgrading to 1.28

It appears 1.28 has been released at Releases · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub

Are we supposed to have already updated servers? The instructions below are still stating 1.27:

Not official released yet

1 Like

Hi @Mr_Anderson,

Not yet you can find more information here GitHub - input-output-hk/cardano-node: The core component that is used to participate in a Cardano dec the latest version is 1.27.0 Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 7.18.17 pm

1 Like

I accidentally upgraded to 1.28.0 and my node is not working anymore.

Any help on how can I roll it back to 1.27.0 I’m using cntools

What do u see?

journalctl -e -f -u cardano-node

U are using cntools

journalctl -e -f -u cnode

Also do u want to use 1.28.0 or 1.27.0?

Yes I installed 1.28.0. And stopped working. I wan’t to roll back to 1.27.0. This is what it shows. thank you

Yeah, u don’t have the files for alonzo

If u will want to downgrade then

Stop the node

cd ~/git
cd cardano-node

git fetch --tags --all
git checkout 1.27.0

echo -e "package cardano-crypto-praos\n  flags: -external-libsodium-vrf" > cabal.project.local
$CNODE_HOME/scripts/cabal-build-all.sh

Start the node

2 Likes

Did you have a backup feature installed that you can use to roll back? If you don’t, I highly recommend that you implement one. It can be very useful in such situations.

2 Likes

Thanks worked perfectly!

1 Like

Found this issue now. Although it is working now the node status never changed from “starting”image

also see below

Try to run again
cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh -f and restart the node

Yeap. That was it. I had forgotten to change back the port in the env file after reinstalling. Now it’s syncing all good, let me know If I can buy you a beer man. Thanks!!

1 Like