Can someone help solve why my cli/node showing 1.25.1

can you show me what is at the directory?
ls ~/git/cardano-node2/dist-newstyle/build

and running again using $HOME instead of ~?
ls $HOME/git/cardano-node2/dist-newstyle/build

also, are you running via CNTools or non-CNTools (i.e., CoinCashew)? I assume non since you are pushing it to cardano-node instead of cnode, can you run and let me know what your service looks like
sudo systemctl status cardano-node.service

I reinstalled my server so i cant show you what is there now, because i reverted back to where it was.

And I just did the normal CoinCashew

Before copying binaries, did you make sure to stop the the cardano-node.service then copy over the binaries
sudo cp $(find $HOME/git/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build -type f -name "cardano-cli") /usr/local/bin/cardano-cli
sudo cp $(find $HOME/git/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build -type f -name "cardano-node") /usr/local/bin/cardano-node

Once you copied those binaries over, did you restart your cardano-node.service?

Yes I did those steps, but Ill go through the steps again tomorrow. I’ve done it 3 times from scratch now. Right now my node is working on 1.25.1, so tomorrow ill go through the process again.

sounds good, I suggest running command (ls) and comparing the --version to double check each step and make sure you have the right files

Best of luck!

Is there a way I can go directly to the folder and check the version in both locations? Without doing the FIND command?

I’m not sure how to check, I tried looking through the folders but didn’t find much.

It should build the correct version if you make sure you are using ghc 8.10.4 and cabal 3.4.0.0 when running cabal build cardano-node cardano-cli

i had both of those setup.

yes just go to with:

cd $HOME/git/cardano-node/dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.10.4/cardano-node-1.26.1/x/cardano-node/build/cardano-node

(that was my path…if yours differ you can search with find $HOME/git/cardano-node -type f -iname "cardano-node" )

and the do

sudo cp cardano-node /usr/local/bin/cardano-node

I did this, look at my photo, i did all the steps, and it still showed 1.25.1

I see, but in your photo the find doesn’t find anything…it may be a character that is wrong in the string, so please try again with the short find command or directly change directory to the path provided and copy from there

You have either built the 1.25.1 version or built the 1.26.1 but your PATH points to your older files. command “which cardano-cli” will show you what file is being executed.