Wallet Recovery Issues

Kinda, but it is technically impossible to say if two addresses are from the same wallet, unless they are used in the same transaction, or in the same transaction-chain. Guys at Adatracker only see addresses that send and receive money - they have no knowledge of a wallet.

Transactions itself is a pretty good growth measure, and you can see those here: https://adatracker.com/charts

1 Like

Yeah - Iā€™ve seen this. Itā€™s a great site. Though I wish the charts had an option to look at activity from genesis block to current date, and was offered in normal Calendar time not just in Epochs. Not a complaint - just a desire. In other words, being able to view transaction growth over a longer time horizon would be useful.

Oh, you are free and welcomed to use the feedback@adatracker.com address at the bottom of their site to suggest ideas and improvements. They are actually pretty fast to response and open for discussion, from my experience. I once reported some stuff to them and their reaction was strictly positive :slight_smile: Itā€™s a non-official kinda community-originated website, so they are welcoming any constructive input from the same community.

1 Like

Good afternoon to all of you - I closed down the Daedalus Wallet while it was trying to recover my wallet. Yes stupid I know. Aside from creating a connectivity issue afterwards is there any other problem or problems that I might have created by closing down Daedalus prior to the wallet being restored?

I am assuming that I can just uninstall and then reinstall the Daedalus, then start the whole long syncing process and then go back and restore the wallet, this time leaving it on.

Much appreciated!

vantuz-subhuman

April 26

alt cdufour:
Though I wish the charts had an option to look at activity from genesis block to current date, and was offered in normal Calendar time not just in Epochs. Not a complaint - just a desire.

Oh, you are free and welcomed to use the feedback@adatracker.com address at the bottom of their site to suggest ideas and improvements. They are actually pretty fast to response and open for discussion, from my experience. I once reported some stuff to them and their reaction was strictly positive :slight_smile: Itā€™s a non-official kinda community-originated website, so they are welcoming any constructive input from the same community.

You donā€™t need to uninstall the Daedalus itself, just restart the wallet restoration. Open Daedalus, if your wallet is in there visible - just delete it in the interface, restart Daedalus, and launch restoration again. But this time do not close Daedalus, while wallet restoration is in progress. (Might take few hours.)

If you donā€™t see your wallet or canā€™t delete it from GUI, then you open Daedalus - you need to delete Wallet-1.0 and Secrets-1.0 directories, they might be found here:

On windows: %appdata%\Daedalus\
On mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/

Close Daedalus. Delete those directories. Open Daedalus again - it should start like in the first time and ask you create or restore the wallet again.

Do not close Daedalus, while wallet restoration is in progress. (Might take few hours.)

Thanks, but the wallet app is not connecting to the internet and has not done so for the past few days, so probably need to uninstall now and start over again. It takes here with my internet connection - I am down in Zambia.

Thanks for the help again!

vantuz-subhuman

April 27

alt MDM10:
I am assuming that I can just uninstall and then reinstall the Daedalus, then start the whole long syncing process and then go back and restore the wallet, this time leaving it on.

You donā€™t need to uninstall the Daedalus itself, just restart the wallet restoration. Open Daedalus, if your wallet is in there visible - just delete it in the interface, restart Daedalus, and launch restoration again. But this time do not close Daedalus, while wallet restoration is in progress. (Might take few hours.)

If you donā€™t see your wallet or canā€™t delete it from GUI, then you open Daedalus - you need to delete Wallet-1.0 and Secrets-1.0 directories, they might be found here:

On windows: %appdata%\Daedalus\

On mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Daedalus/

Close Daedalus. Delete those directories. Open Daedalus again - it should start like in the first time and ask you create or restore the wallet again.

Do not close Daedalus, while wallet restoration is in progress. (Might take few hours.)

1 Like

Hi There, So how did you recover those two words? Iā€™m having the same issue with 1 word that is non existent.

TIA.