What happen if i run 2 BP in same time?

What happens if I run 2 BPs at the same time? Use the same key on both servers.
Only I want to know if this idea is good or bad.

What happens if they both find the block at the same time? i use same config and topology …

yeah would nice to have a description why is not recommended at all. I guess none of the blocks created by each BP would be validated…

i like to know this what happen ? all servers times are same.
if we have same topology file what happen ?
if we have different topology file what happen?

all I know is that it is not allowed to have two BP pools with same certificate regardless what topology they have - on the testnet it caused serious issues… and probably your node will be delisted.
will come back if I found the exact reason why is not allowed

1 Like

thank you . i can’t find any thing about it.
how they do that ? (de listing) if they want block my ip they don’t have BP IP .

delisting from SMASH server
https://docs.cardano.org/projects/smash/en/latest/getting-started/how-to-install-smash.html

1 Like

i have SMASH on other server for research but it check ticker . when duplicate server nothing different but IP.

1. Do not replicate stake pools on the network:
  • Stake pool replication is adversarial behavior, which may lead to blocks being rejected.
  • Use high-reliability techniques to switch between duplicate or back-up servers without exposing both simultaneously to the network.

And more other infos here

Cheers,

2 Likes

Thank you. I read this.it’s well but I ask, if this problem occurs in the network, how does it manage it?
How decide which block is right?

As far as I know (I read in the past) the block/blocks produced by both producers will be rejected and the pool will be penalized (no more slots assigned); but I can’t find the article right now :frowning:

Cheers,

2 Likes

interesting.
i read good doc in https://iohk.io/en/research/library/. They help me see how the network is protected against any kind of attack .
thank you

2 Likes