What is Cardano's Purpose?

Nice try. You sure like to make a lot of personal attacks and false accusations in a community that’s simply trying to explore substantive ideas and solutions. Feel free to ignore my posts from now on because I won’t be responding to any more of your personal jabs and snarky comments.

Good. You remind me of a crazy ex-girlfriend.

People, can we PLEASE drop the political name calling? Yes, crypto absolutely overlaps with politics, but any adult should know that, for constructive discussion, animosity has to be minimised at least, and preferably eliminated.

2 Likes

I hope it is more then only that, and I think the discussions here are a way to try to make it into something more… If we allow it to only be about ‘currency’ then I expect we’d get the same system we already have. I prefer to work toward a system that has a bit of a wider horizon…

For me, I do enjoy ADALove’s thoughts and his willingness to try to engage others in discussions around fundamental issues, and recognise the time and commitment ADALove has invested in this forum up to now. These kind of discussions do lift this forum above most, and that’s why I’m here. I do like to ‘over think’ things and try to dig deeper so I understand fundamental issues better. I don’t have the impression that there is a ‘dominating’ dynamic ongoing, maybe that’s just me… I may not align to all that I hear, but that doesn’t matter. I respect any arguments/ points that make me think (and that challenges others to do so too), also the ones that contradict my world view. If you feel that someone is trying to take over a thread (that they themselves have started) you are free to counter any points with valid arguments. Please do challenge arguments/ worldviews in a way that expands others horizons (in a respectful way).

When we talk about ‘group dynamics’; can I (respectfully) ask you what you try to achieve with these statements?

Yes, please. Reality hardly ever is binary…

3 Likes

Well in that case can we please stop talking about the hostile take over of other people’s money?

I call a duck a duck- dont complain and dont take my words out of context.

Attack the argument, not the person making it.

1 Like

Oh great, here comes Mr. Slice and Dice other people’s posts.

regarding (anonymous) whales and (un)limited staking power.
Why not define & implement an anonymous signup process that takes some time and manual steps like captchas to get a voter ID allowing a maximum stake of - let’s say - 10k ADAs that remains valid for - let’s say - one year. (in practice I would always recommend using some ecosystem relative threshold and not a fixed value like 10k)
This way a normal Joe could sign up by knowing that this little extra “work” guarantees him to not become insignificant. The (good, bad, silent, thin and fat) whales could decide if it’s worth time and effort to register multiple times.
Sounds too complicated for all users or too simple as a fair solution?

This thread is turning into a great case study for fallacies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies :wink:

Sweet :slightly_smiling_face:, let’s get back to the substance of the discussion

1 Like

I agree, which is why I posted We Are Trapped in a Bubble.

After observing all the ideological mudslinging over the past couple days, I thought it would be fun to explore the root cause of these debates. Maybe we can create a bit more mutual understanding and harmony between the commies and fascists.

No way am I getting involved on these threads again spawned by AL she is totally OCD on this forum and conducts veiled attacks with carefully chosen words as to appear to not be attacking some one when in fact she is.

Every time a tread does not go her way she spins off a new one. Same thread with the same content but with a different title to make it appear to be different but it is the same. Now this insanity is on to a third thread. That lady is going to wreck this forum.

… Rick out …

btc price in 2015 was 170 - 420 usd. But they could have bought it even earlier. 2015 is when they “paid” btc for ada. The chart is 100% accurate and its old at least from oct 2017.

You are free to make your own math and see if it checks up :sunglasses:

Agree 100% - crazy dude dreaming whales all day long

1 Like

How about you learn the meaning of the word - DECENTRALIZATION ? About anonymous part = similar to cenzorship (what if one decided to stay anonymos, he loses all his rights? haha ) The Maximum stake is again - communism -

Of course decentralization has to remain a fundamental part. (so I hadn’t mentioned it again)
Ouroboros includes some research about decentralized random number generation that everyone can trust it wasn’t generated, influenced or falsely verified by an adversary. Should be easy to use the same or similar approach for votibg registration verification.

Then I didn’t mean that registration means loss af anonymity. The registration can happen similar to transactions, but instead of transfering monetary value (at max a slight reg.fee for the processing pools) this process requires some “nasty” manual interaction and time.
Just an example: a captcha is there to prevent automated start of such a process. Then the implemented process runs as a DAP in the cardano network and returns back one special access key fitting only to your request. The trick is that this key comes back from the decentralised network after a random time of at least 14 and max 21 days. As the returned code has no indicator to what request it belongs users who try to register their stake multiple times can’t know if they are going to use the right one. If they attempt to try the wrong key the DAP deducts 50% of the intended stake.

Did you note that I hadn’t and will definitively answer or react on anyone’s attempt to declare me or someone else into a political or ideological scheme? This is already a very ambitious task when doing it with real life people I know privately or in business for decades of years. IMHO It simply couldn’t work in such a forum here.

MULTIPARTY COMPUTATION
One of the fundamental problems of the slot leader election process is its unbiasedness. A certain degree of randomness is needed as a base for election, in this case, results of this election are random and fair. So the question is where can this randomness be obtained from?

A multiparty computation (MPC) approach is used to achieve this randomness where each elector independently performs an action which is called “coin tossing” and after that shares results with other electors. The idea is that results are randomly generated by each elector, but eventually they agree on the same final value.

From - https://cardanodocs.com/cardano/proof-of-stake/
The crypto library for MPC - GitHub - input-output-hk/pvss-haskell

Any sort of limitations like this are unfair! Why do you want to favour the small holders? You think having 5000 usd worth of ada makes you more “involved” then having 5 000 000 usd worth?

Yeh and it wouldn’t work either, people would just split it into many smaller wallets (despite the idea being silly to begin with)

1 Like

The logic of small holders being somehow “better” then bigger is STUPID! 1 ada = 1 ada. They are the same. The reward is the same even if you have 1 ada or 1 bil ada so its as fair as it gets. In real life its not the same, big corp and the elites have billions and always find ways to scam the system and get a way, the rest of planet - has to pay its taxes or the gov would crush them

I agree in parts, like their financial power, ability to lobbying …
But Mr.Billionare BigBoss has the same one vote when it comes to elect his cities mayor up to the nations president (at least in democratic evolved regions without too much anonymous mafia behaviour)