What is the safest, most secure way to buy Cardano? Will Yoroi offer this functionality, and, if so, how will it work?

I’ve had issues with more than a handful of exchanges at this point.

Exchanges I have tried that do not allow Cardano buying/selling:

• Coinbase
  • Gemini
  • Robinhood
  • PayPal
  • SoFi

Exchanges that I have tried that have said they allow Cardano buying/selling:

• Binance (Process ended up being overly complicated and I didn’t wanna trust a foreign exchange that got hacked with my personal information. Still having issues trying to delete my account. They never got back to me, and technically you can’t delete the account. Only option is disabling.)
  • Kraken (Only wire transfers were allowed. I couldn’t use PayPal, credit card, debit card, Zelle, Shopify pay, etc. When I tried deleting my account, I had to email support and pretty much ask for permission. I am still waiting to hear back.)
  • CEX.io (Listed cardano buying and selling. When I made an account to try to buy, the listing was gone. When I tried deleting my account, I had to email support for permission and am still waiting to hear back)
  • eToro (listed Cardano, but wouldn’t let me buy even after I verified. No idea why. User interface was also very glitchy and poorly laid out)

If I didn’t believe in Cardano so much, I would have given up a long time ago. I’ve spent a week trying to buy and nothing works.

I see that Yoroi has buying/selling ADA in the works for 2021, but I’m not sure how this works. Will this mean I will have to go through the same identity verification as all the other exchanges? I don’t mind it, but the issue is none of them worked even AFTER all that hassle. I’m feeling burned right now, especially because I’m having issues deleting my accounts from these exchanges after I gave them my personal information based on promises that were never fulfilled.

Hello,

Fist, you are a USA resident?

Cheers,

yes, I am.

you can buy any other crypto currency from Coinbase for example and after transfer to another exchange which support ADA, for example kraken. After that you can convert your funds in ada and send them to Yoroi or Daedalus

cheers,

1 Like

check this how to buy/sell ada directly in yoroi chrome extension

Two issues:

1.) The feature is not supported for US citizens.
2.) The default receiving ADA address for this feature was different from my actual ADA address. This seems like a critical bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Hell,

What do u mean for 2. Can u give more details ?

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 10.44.00 AM

I think by default, it will automaticaly create a new address which it will be used for the transaction…

1 Like

USD to ADA
Unsupported Trading Pair

weird… in that video they tested with USD