A query from a certain era was applied to a ledger from a different era: EraMismatch {ledgerEraName = "Byron", otherEraName = "Shelley"}

Hi!

I’m following the shelley stake pool initiative course and I’m using cardano-node and cli version 1.9.0.

I sent some ADA from the faucet to my address but when I query it after exporting the path to the correct socket, I get this error

A query from a certain era was applied to a ledger from a different era: EraMismatch {ledgerEraName = “Byron”, otherEraName = “Shelley”}

This is confusing as I generated payment keys for shelley and not byron.

Any suggestion for me on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hi Morgan,

Your node will need to sync to a point past the Shelley hard fork before Shelley commands will function.

Let your node sync and then try again!

Your friend, FROG

Thanks FROG!

Quick one, if I close my terminal without closing/quitting the node running, then technically it should be running on my vps server, isn’t it?

May be a silly one but I’m confused here. Thank you!

Hi Morgan,

That depends entirely on how you’re running the nodes. If you’re running the nodes as a systemd service then the terminal does not need to remain open.

Your friend, FROG

Thanks FROG! Will give it a read :slight_smile:

1 Like

As ADAfrog explained. Sync overnight. Give it a time.

For the other point. Use tmux. With tmux you can close your terminal and shut your workstation down and the session won’t close till you open next time.

1 Like