Amazon AWS (pool stake operators) Whats the best / cheapest setup?

Looking forward to yoursetup. Im planning on building a node at home to save money, and would like to run my relays using arm.

Hello @Alexd1985 do you still using this config of 14,99ā‚¬/month? Im new here and Im trying to know which one is the cheaper option (Im trying to create a Cardano stake pool but Im a student so dont have a lot of capital enough to pay 100ā‚¬/month so 15ā‚¬/month would be nice.) I have seen on AWP but the price would be 30+
Any advice for me? I will try this week to hire this CONTABO server and I will follow the guide you made (How to set up a POOL in a few minutes - and register using CNTOOLS) to create the pool.

PD: Im from Spain, I think you speak spanish (Iā€™ve read other entries where you spoke spanish) but in your profile your language is English so I tried my best to write it on english :joy::love_you_gesture:t3:

Hmm, I have only one relay left on cardano , I moved my nodes on bare metal servers

I think also VPS M SSD should be enough

PS: I know few words in spanish (worked remotely for Orange ES)

1 Like

Oh, so nice that i decided tro write it on english! :sweat_smile:

So I will start with VPS M SSD, its necesary to hire more than one for the relay and the block producer or with one of this should be enough to take all ready?

Should I take one for relay and one for producerĀæ? I have read the guide from IOHK and I think that I have understood that relay is not necessary at all but is better to have one as I have read here

Thanks for all mate!

Yes, u will need minimum 2 servers:
1 Producer
1 Relay

For the current procedure please see the mast commentsā€¦ u will need ghc 8.10.2 and cabal 3.2.0.0 for importing wallet option

1 Like

Thanks, I take note about it! But the rest of the guide is alright for now or is too old? Any site where could check how to apply these versions?

Only step 2 changed a little bitā€¦ if u will have issues, let me know

1 Like

May I know if the contabo servers are still working fine for your stakepool nodesā€™ operations?

I have a relay on contabo, its a small CPU difference in comparation with others but this will be visible when u will compile the node or each time when it will be restarted.

U can try also netcup or hetzner

Cheers

What do you mean by compiling the node? And how about block producer node? Is there any foreseeable issue if I also run the block producer node on contabo?

I wanted to say that the CPU is highly intense USE only when u compaling/installing something on the serverā€¦ for making blocks the CPU is not a concern from my point of view

I had in the pst the BP on VPS/Contabo and it was not an issue for making blocks

For BP u can use a dedicated server,

Running 3 contabo servers. They work great 1 block producer and 2 relays.

Using this

I set up the servers on Ubuntu + using guild operator scripts.

The servers compile pretty fast new updates.

Hetzner is really anti-crypto, but there are still a lot of pools who are using itā€¦ I got my testnet pool a year ago deleted by them(on VPS), without any prior notice. And at that point in their terms and conditions only mining were prohibited, but after they deleted my pool and I started complain funny enough they updated their terms and conditions to:

The operation of applications for mining cryptocurrencies remains prohibited. These include, but are not limited to, mining, farming and plotting of cryptocurrencies. We are entitled to lock the Customerā€™s access to their Hetzner services or account in the event of non-compliance.

Some other SPOs asked directly with support if they can use HW servers for pool and Hetzner replied with no.

So use it with caution. And I personally would not recommend to use it.

If u ask me its not recommended to have all nodes on same cloud/vps provider

You are 100% correct, but I personally would not use any anty-crypto infrastructure provider even for my testnet, that is just too much headache, personally for me.

1 Like