Ambassador Stories, Journal #12 : Chen Zhe & Cardanians.io (Lukas & Jaromir)

Ambassador Stories, Journal #12 : Chen Zhe & Cardanians.io (Lukas & Jaromir)

Welcome to the 12th journal of our “Ambassador Stories” series! :star_struck:

It’s been a while since our last journal, simply due to the fact we didn’t have enough stories for you to write about.
From now on, whenever new ambassadors join our ranks and provide their stories, we will update you with them. You’ll be able to enjoy the various, unique stories of our Cardano Community Ambassadors: what motivated, and still motivates them, to be part of this amazing and wonderful community?

The Cardano Community Team would also like to thank the Ambassadors for all their continued efforts and participation in sharing their stories with us. :writing_hand:

Please read all about Chen Zhe (@Anson888) & Cardanians.io (@Lukas_Barta & @Jaromir) down below! :open_book:

Part 1: Chen Zhe - Ambassador Translator:

Since some time, Cardano Foundation and the Community Team have been focusing on our Asian community and its expansion thereof. Now that we have more visibility in China as well, we are trying to grow the local communities there. Not soon after, we receive an application from a Chinese national: Chen Zhen.
Chen Zhe has been translating Cardano related articles and content, and is helping to educate the Chinese audience about Cardano. Chen has been active since 2018 and keeps adding value to the ecosystem! You can see all his activity and all the articles he translated on this website (Chinese).
Thank you for your all your contributions and we’re really happy to have you on board!

1) Tell us a little about yourself. What is your background?

I am currently living in Chengdu, China, where you could pay a visit to plenty of giant pandas everywhere. (Just refer to the classic setting of animated film Kung Fu Panda!)
I graduated from the University of Sydney with combined Master Degree in Accounting and Business. When I returned back to China in 2010, I joined the shipping giant Maersk Line as a management trainee. After 7 years’ working at Maersk, I chose to resign and devote myself to a career as both an investor in the blockchain space and entrepreneur in the STEAM&Maker&Coding education field.

I am now fully engaged in running the Quark Academy of Science, a STEAM&Maker&Coding education center, together with my partners from Peking University and other prestigious universities in China.

Of course, I am a blockchain enthusiast, with plenty of time spent to keep a watchful eye on any progress made on Cardano, my favorite project in the space! I have to say, the time searching for the latest news about Cardano and watching the AMA by Charles are what make me joyful all the time!

2) How did you get interested and involved with Blockchain/Crypto?

I got to know about crypto in 2017 and started to invest in this space since the end of 2017. (Yes, I am the one who entered the market at the peak of the bull-run! What a shame!)

I found myself turn to be a blockchain/crypto enthusiast, since I had finished reading the Bitcoin White Paper by Satoshi, and became more aware about the blockchain ecosystem. The innovation as peer-to-peer way of funds transfer, decentralization, smart contract and privacy protection attracted me immensely and intensely. I have been fascinated with this nascent technology so much that I decided to commit to searching for projects with the most and biggest potential that would surpass Bitcoin and Ethereum. Now we have Cardano!

3) Why Cardano?

There are many reasons for me to stand with Cardano. Among those reasons, what makes me feel fascinated most are the scientific philosophies embedded in the genes of this project. The science driven approach( peer reviewing and formal methods…), the commission to be the financial stack for the unbanked in developing countries, the balance between the needs of users and those of regulators, the transparency to expose the project progress, and the holistic strategy to push the whole industry to the next level… Scanning all over this space, it is difficult to name other projects with the same approach or merits as Cardano, so why not follow the steps of Cardano and witnessing the magic that it will bring to us?

4) How are you contributing to the Cardano Ecosystem as an Ambassador?

I have been always playing a role as the translator since 2018. Whenever I searched for any critical news or constructive commentaries written in English, I just naturally felt like translating them into Chinese, and publish it at several blockchain specific forums such as, Wechat groups or websites to attract more Chinese investors and blockchain enthusiasts.

Different from those blockchain projects initiated in China, most of the articles on Cardano are written in English, which unfortunately adds to the language barrier for a large amount of people in China. (You can imagine how large it is!)

At the same time, we have to admit that there are somewhat suspicious and irrational voices all over the various Chinese social media channels, especially when the price of ADA does not meet someone’s expectations (note that most of the expectations are not that reasonable and realistic at all).

I do think this is unfair for Cardano, as it is already deemed to be one of the most transparent projects in this space. The trollish behavior and baseless attacks, making things seem black and white is confuses people and also what I cannot stand as a Cardano supporter.

Moving forward, I will stick to the translation work and introduce Cardano to more Chinese speaking people who are eager to set foot in this space.

5) What is your future vision for the Cardano Ecosystem?

Cardano is committed to being the financial stack for the developing nations, so I do hope Cardano could help the unbanked, and attract more companies, governments, governors and organizations to adopt the protocol, resulting in expansion of the ecosystem. I am proud to be part of it!

6 ) What is your personal message to the Cardano community?

I just got a strong feeling that the Cardano community is getting better and better since 2019!
It is joyful to see more people join in this big family through various social media channels.

Just keep it up! Let us build the Cardano community together!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Chen’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum, on WeChat (chenzhe527724), WeiBo or in the Chinese Cardano Telegram chat!

—The End of Part 1.

4 Likes

Part 2a: Cardanians.io, (Lukas & Jaromir) Ambassador Content Creators

Cardanians.io’s Lukas (@Lukas_Barta):
Apart from being a stakepool, Cardanians.io is also a very helpful website that helps provide useful information and content for the Cardano Community on updates from the ecosystem. Lukas Barta is one of its founders and together with his partner, Jaromir, runs the Cardanians.io website!

(Lukas is ready to roll!)

I am a husband and father of two beautiful princesses and I work in finance - risk, loans. With insight into economy. I am a long term crypto investor and promoter who believes in this big success in the near future.

First of all I read some articles about Bitcoin. I then started observing other projects and altcoins. I realized its potential, so I started buying and getting interested more and more. I’ve had my first mistakes with pump and dump - it was a good experience because it pushed me to go deeper into the project’s details. I finally found the Cardano project (summer 2017) and started to collect more and more ADA.

After that we started with a crypto group on FB to inform people about altcoins, its potential, share interesting news, discuss about crypto and help with portfolios (check, giving advice what to change and how to make it better). We then opened another group - for the Cardano fans only (for the Czech and Slovak community) and started to make quality content and share news. Nowadays, we have about 700+ members and keep on working to expand! The newest thing we have is the staking pool for all ADA lovers - www.cardanians.io and I think that becoming an ambassador can help us improve our website and reputation. It’s very exciting!

3) Why Cardano?

Because I think Cardano is one of the top projects I’ve ever seen so far. Good visionairs in charge, great teams and to top it off, a scientific approach. I want to be a part of it!

Help others, answer questions, translate some news, make useful content. And - this is the most important - constantly trying to increase the number of Cardano fans with promoting and sharing our information to the community. In the near future we can also arrange meetups for Cardano fans and the general public, to present all the strong sides of the project and its advantages.

In the future we don’t need fiat money any longer, because we will have our crypto with increasing value and clear use case in our lives - on a daily basis. Tokenization, smart contracts - all of those will be standardized more and more. If you need to pay something, you just take your mobile and send ADA to everybody and everywhere - for goods, as your salary, food and much more. Because of staking you will get rewarded - a passive income. Cardano will also help many companies with blockchain implementation processes and to become more transparent with the use of blockchain.

Congratulation guys, you all found one of the best projects in crypto space and we all are a part of the future. Let’s see how Cardano can change the way we are thinking now and how we will live our lives. I am especially looking forward to tokenization and smart contracts and using it on a daily basis.

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Lukas’ hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum and on Twitter!

—The End of Part 2a.

3 Likes

Part 2b: Cardanians.io, (Lukas & Jaromir) Ambassador Content Creators

Cardanians.io’s Jaromir (@Jaromir):
Similar to Lukas, Jaromir was quickly intrigued by the Cardano project and ecosystem. He has been helping create useful content and promote Cardano as best as they can. Let’s all give him a warm welcome and a big thank you for his efforts!

(Hats off to you, Jaromir!)

I got the first computer when I was 17 and I am now a programmer (C, C++, C#, Java, etc.). I was there when SMS boomed and participated in building one of the most used SMC Center. Currently, I work on embedded solutions. I have got two sons. My biggest hobby, besides crypto, is Chen Tai Ji.

I first noticed crypto when my colleagues mined Bitcoin on laptops. In 2017 I actively started writing educative stuff about crypto and made a lot of fundamental analysis of many crypto projects. Mainly for private groups. We survived the bear market in 2018 since we provided educational materials.

3) Why Cardano?

Thanks to my IT background and previous involvement in the fundamental analysis, I recognized the potential of Cardano nearly immediately after it was listed on coinmarketcap. I was just amazed by seeing so many smart people trying to change the world we live in and bring real decentralization to us. Cardano is not only about investment. It is really about the underlying philosophy. Cardano will be able to unbank the banked and bank the unbanked. I feel I must help with such a good project. It is nearly a duty and I do it with great pleasure.

We have a Facebook group for Cardano in our country. We write a lot of articles about Cardano. I provide an interview about cryptocurrencies quite often and always praise Cardano. We also have a Twitter account Cardanians.io and started to write articles in English. This is only just the beginning. I can do more things if it is needed.

First of all, more people must recognize the quality of the Cardano project. The biggest problem of crypto generally is not technical immaturity but low adoption. Now it is time for education. A project without users cannot succeed. I am here to provide educative materials and help Cardano grows.

We are strong and growing community. With our passion, we will succeed. IOHK, Emurgo and the Cardano Foundation have a lot of work with researching, coding, making partnerships, visiting conferences and countries, and doing business. We can all help with the adoption!

Don’t forget to like, follow, share Jaromir’s hard work! He can be followed on the Cardano Forum and Twitter!

—The End of Part 2b.

We are truly blessed with such motivated community members we have in our ecosystem! Thank you all for reading, and don’t forget to leave your comments/likes and give our Ambassadors some Cardano community :heart: and follow their work!:100::muscle:

Until next time, with new people and new Ambassador Stories! :wave:

5 Likes