Binance "Wallet maintenance, withdrawal suspended" - at least since 19 november!

I bought some ADA on Binance as usual, but ADA withdrawal has been suspended for many days now, wth the message “Wallet maintenance, withdrawal suspended”. When I first noticed this the same thing was also happening to Monero, but since then Monero is back online, but not ADA.

I wrote to Binance support and this is the answer I got:

“We sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience.
Withdrawal for ADA is suspended due to the normal wallet maintenance. We are working hard on the maintenance and will fix it as soon as possible. There is no specific time. Patience is much appreciated.”

Not very satisfactory … if it’s a normal wallet maintenance, they should have a general idea of how long it will take!

Same boat here, been waiting and waiting and was almost going to issue a ticket but the canned response you received is what I expected. Hopefully related to due diligence in validating the .11 wallet but that’s just a guess.

Update: Related Post concurs with wallet validation theory

1 Like

Join the club. No need to move it off anyway. Price is tanking.

I have a theory, bad one:

2 Likes

Binance is working again.

2 Likes

In an odd way, this makes sense. I wonder if they would really risk their reputation to do such. Questionable but not illegal in the simple sense but I imagine there could be some illegalities amidst the trading.

2 Likes

No reputation risk. No one knows it outside. I don’t.

But I know some exchanges do so here in my place (shame…), big ones, not to name them out.

It will always part the game, money matter’s and exchanges is no exception for that everyway or other it’s always same.