BP not connecting to Peers in on private VPC;

yes, according with the latest script

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cardano-community/guild-operators/master/scripts/cnode-helper-scripts/topologyUpdater.sh

OK, let me try…

Nope, Peers out connected, Peers in 0

understand but how is the glive now… saying starting?

No, fully synced, Tip (diff) are changing, tx are not processing

sudo systemctl status cnode -what is the uptime?

weird… i know that if the BP can’t conenct to the relays it will not start, it will say starting because with 0 IN/OUT connections can’t sync with the network…

did u restarted the node after u changed the topology updater?

No, I restarted only relays, I’ll reboot BP now…

if you will not restart the Producer it will not reset the TCP/udp connections

I only have set custom peers in the relays, just to be clear,
in topologyUpdater.sh

On the BP only in topology.json

ok, so the PRoducer has 2 peers now… if u press P on glive you should see the Relays

so… are u running the topology updater as a systemd on Relays or crontab job?

No crontab -l so it must be systemd

try

sudo systemctl status cnode-tu-fetch.service
can u share the output?

user@SADA-R1:/opt/cardano/cnode/scripts$ sudo systemctl status cnode-tu-fetch.service
● cnode-tu-fetch.service - Cardano Node - Topology Updater - fetches a fresh topology before cnode.service start
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/cnode-tu-fetch.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2021-12-05 15:03:25 UTC; 31min ago
Process: 810 ExecStart=/bin/bash -l -c exec /opt/cardano/cnode/scripts/topologyUpdater.sh -p (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 810 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Dec 05 15:03:22 SADA-R1 systemd[1]: Starting Cardano Node - Topology Updater - fetches a fresh topology before cnode.service start…
Dec 05 15:03:25 SADA-R1 cnode-tu-fetch[810]: ERROR: Invalid IPv4 or IPv6 address ‘10.114.0.3’. Please double check CUSTOM_PEERS definition
Dec 05 15:03:25 SADA-R1 systemd[1]: cnode-tu-fetch.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 05 15:03:25 SADA-R1 systemd[1]: cnode-tu-fetch.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Dec 05 15:03:25 SADA-R1 systemd[1]: Failed to start Cardano Node - Topology Updater - fetches a fresh topology before cnode.service start.

eeeeee. you found the error, can u share the topology updater? it’s safe to share the private IP… it’s private not public

it looks like u have the old scripts… can u try for this relay to run

cd ~/tmp
./prereqs.sh -f

then edit again the env file (the cnode port if you are using another than the default 6000)
edit the topologyUpdater again (use , instead : for Producer and also for IOHK relays)

restart the relay
sudo systemctl restart cnode
sudo systemctl status cnode
sudo systemctl status cnode-tu-fetch.service

if everything is fine you can delete all files with _bkpxxx inside the name from scripts and files folder

OK, will let You know in few mins.

Relay 1 is working!!!
Fixing Relay 2…

1 Like

Alex, I owe You a beer!

You are welcome :beers:

1 Like

You are truly Most Valuable Community Member!

2 Likes