Can you create Subsets of 1 Native Token

Hi All

Can you create Subsets of 1 Native Token, similar to what ADA is to Lovelace and vise versa as part of the Native Token Process so they have a inherent connection between the two in terms of value at that creation/genesis?

Minting 1Billion Token A , while also minting 100 Token B, but Token B = 1000xToken A

Thanks for any guidance
Shad

Hi All
following review of FAQ on Native Tokens, my understanding is now that yes, this is possible

https://docs.cardano.org/native-tokens/faqs

Note that a single transaction might mint tokens associated with multiple distinct minting policies. e.g., (Policy1, SomeTokens), (Policy2, SomeOtherTokens) . Note also that a transaction might simultaneously mint some tokens and burn some other ones.

If my take from the review is not correct then appreciate feedback.

Kind Regards
Shad

Hello @RShad876

If I’m understand you correctly you just want your token to be divisible lower then 1.

If that is the case you can just add
– decimals X
as an optional field for token metadata registry, where X = ‘number of decimal places’ you wish your token to be dividable in. No need to mint smaller tokens.

Try this link for full explanation :smiley::

1 Like

Thank you much

Using you input going to do exercise with testnet, hopefully its exactly what i needed otherwise will ask further :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Shad