Can you send native tokens (or just ada) to multiple addresses at the same time with just one transaction fee?

Yes or no answers are fine, elaborations are great too.
I don’t see the ability to input multiple wallet addresses to send to at the same time (within the same transaction) on either Daedalus or Yoroi. Does that feature exist somewhere in either? Is such a transaction even possible on Cardano blockchain or is it only 1-to-1 transfers and never 1-to-multiple transfers?

You can specify any number of currency symbols (i.e. tokens || ada) on a single TxOut. The practical limit would be max Tx size AFAIU.

Thanks for your reply but I honestly don’t quite understand what you mean. Do you mind elaborating?

What I’m basically asking is, can I send 10 Ada’s to 10 different wallets at the same time to pay only 1 transaction fee? And if that’s possible, how, because I don’t see that feature on any Cardano wallets.

cardano-cli supports multiple --tx-out options, each of which can take multiple assets. However, AFAIK, non of the GUI wallets (i.e. Daedalus, ADALite, Yoroi) support that.

The easiest way to run a local node, so that you can use cardano-cli, is documented here.

I’m not too familiar with (local) nodes nor specifically how they could function like wallets to make transactions. So you’re saying the ability to send to multiple addresses at the same time does exist, just not in the current suite of mainstream wallets (though it could be implemented into one in the future).

However, I still want to know:

(1) Would there only be a single transaction fee for putting multiple addresses on a single TxOut?

(2) If sending a native token, would you also need to send a minimum amount of Ada to each address?

I’m not too familiar with (local) nodes …

I could help you with that, if you like. You would probably learn quite a bit and this thread might become a useful resource for others.

(1) Would there only be a single transaction fee for putting multiple addresses on a single TxOut?

Yes

(2) If sending a native token, would you also need to send a minimum amount of Ada to each address?

Yes, 1 ADA is the current min value AFAIK - this is for security reasons.

2 Likes

Hei @tomdx how are you?
What to you think about nfts- minting,trading&future.

Nice to meet you guys!

Hey, perhaps we could move this question over to cardano Stackexchange? I’d like to learn how to send out, say, 1 ADA to 100 wallets but pay only one transaction fee.

Here is an example of the monthly payout to Astor delegators - it shows how to send tokens as well.

2 Likes

So you’re sending your Native Asset “Astor302”, what’s the deal with metadata here?

The metadata contains additional information about the Tx

Thank you @tomdx for your reply.
Is there like a standard for what goes into this metadata, or everything goes?

2 Likes

Thank you :pray:
+1 @tomdx

Try this tool:

Yes you can send to multiple addresses in one transaction. You can even use multiple wallets and send to multiple wallet addresses in one transaction.