Cardano Community Kiva lending team

This month we’re at $1,400 lent by 8 members via 43 loans in 26 countries. :slightly_smiling_face:

Join Cardano Community lending team on Kiva and help alleviate poverty by making loans as small as $25!

3 Likes

How do I join the Cardano Comunity Kiva?

2 Likes

Just click the link in the post above your’s! :grin:

2 Likes

Latest stats: total lent $1850 USD, 61 loans, 8 members. Much more info on the team impact page.

1 Like

Current Cardano Community Kiva lending team numbers: 91 loans totalling $2,550 across 33 countries. Join us!

2 Likes

Boom! 20 team members! This team is still in its infancy, take a look at the impact we are making across the globe, slowly but surely we will touch every country possible through this platform to help others help themselves.
Join us!

I will donate 20 prepaid lending cards to those of you interested in being a part of our conversation about the importance of lending to the less fortunate and how our community can migrate our Kiva team to the Cardano platform when it is ready for us - or possibly get Kiva to utilize our block chain :slightly_smiling_face::open_mouth::slightly_smiling_face:
If interested in receiving a prepaid Kiva card please pm me here on the forum, I will be honored to introduce you to micro philanthropy - much reward! and so wow!:wink:
Edit; Pool operators welcome, I might really enjoy seeing pool op participation send me a pm to get familiar with the platform at my expense :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That’s an extremely generous way to support the team Chris, thanks a lot! :grinning:

4 Likes
8 Likes

On behalf of the team, thanks a lot Evgeny! :ok_hand:

As it happens, the team turned one year old just yesterday! :birthday:

Over that time the 22 members loaned a total of $5,575 to 181 recipients. :heart:

Anyone who hasn’t already done so should join the team! :+1:

6 Likes

Another month on and we now have 23 members who’ve made 193 loans totalling $6125! :grin:

Kiva Cardano Community lending team

2 Likes

It is time to bring in the willing new pool operators and staking peeps!!! :stuck_out_tongue: Stand up and be a part of an unselfish act, join me and the rest of our team to help assist others that have set their pride aside to ask for us to donate to their cause, a micro loan you most likely will recover (as far as stats go) that can improve the life of someone that will never even know you contributed.
Our team has already made a big impact, help us grow so that together our impact is much more than what we can do ourselves alone.
If unsure of lending your own funds on a platform you do not trust please see my post above @

I will continue to honor my pledge for you all to have the experience of micro lending that I enjoy :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great initiative Rob! Just found out about it and joined. This threat needs to be bumped regularly!

2 Likes

I have joined this effort (Eystein Hansen / ADA North Pool) and pledged 57 USD this month. I hope its ok I also post this as news for my pool and that other pools will follow.

3 Likes

To explain further ADA North Pool will support lending projects to Philippines. It is my wifes home country and it was her birthday today and we discussed doing something meaningful. Yes it is a selfish act of branding as well but it also creates a common good so I hope thats fine.

2 Likes

I think its a wonderful gesture from you and your wife to contribute to her home country! Happy Birthday!! :tada: :tada:
And to choose to strengthen a community pool through associating other community projects with it is also a very welcome gesture that I admire, I do not think anyone would object to you posting your contributions and pledge and further I cannot view any bit of your participation as selfish - even you should lable it is a caring unselfish act :innocent: :innocent:

3 Likes

Great to see the recent activity and support, thanks a lot guys! :grin:

Latest figures: $6725 loaned by 26 members to 220 borrowers across 47 countries! :ok_hand: :heart:

Join the team using this link.

2 Likes

Hi All!

Didn`t know about this, looks pretty nice! I will look into getting involved, but need a few days for a few bucks to reach a Visa (banks)… :sweat_smile:

Cheers!
Tsvetan

2 Likes

Signed up today…

Is it possible to get updates on your outstanding loans? Eg: The borrower giving updates on his / her progress? Or is there no direct contact between you and the one borrowing?

Awesome Josseh! You will get emails about repayments etc. Not sure about their progress though

Great to have you join us! :+1:

You can see all of the numbers for your own loans on this page: https://www.kiva.org/portfolio/loans

There is no direct contact with the borrower, progress reports come from the field partner but to be honest they don’t happen very often. You can see the latest, if there’s been one, via a link on the same page.

1 Like