Cardano Community Meetup Guidelines

Last edit - April 1, 2019 : Community resource template update

2 Likes

I’m giving this post a bump as a reminder.

7 Likes

Last edited: April 15th, 2020.

In light of COVID-19, we’ve added “Suggestions and ideas on how to hold an e-meetup.” Please check it out!

3 Likes

Instruction is good but until pandemic end how can a meetup happen ?

1 Like

We also included several suggestions and ideas on how to hold an online/virtual meetup. Please refer to it here.

4 Likes

Hello! This link does not work anymore. (first link in the article)
https://forum.cardano.org/c/meetups
would be great if it could be updated.
greetings

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know, it’s updated!

Last edit - May 14th, 2021: Meetup E-Book update

Hi! Looking forward to getting involved in the forum. I’m starting a meetup in Alberta, Canada.

It’s a creative circle, because I want to discuss more than just Cardano. The goal is the same, teach people to buy, hold and stake Ada. and other coins of value. Thanks.

1 Like

Is it mandatory to use Meetup.com to create regular Cardano community meetings? It is not a popular portal in my country (Poland), it’s not decentralized and it is not free to use… How using it is beneficial for Cardano’s image? Is there some partnership going there?

Will Cardano Foundation ignore my meetup group if I just use social media to organize events? Can I still become an ambassador without using this portal?

1 Like

Feel free to use other platforms that suit your conditions. We suggest our community use meetup.com because it’s wildly popular in most areas. I’m sure there might be better options in different countries. So don’t worry about that.

You can still become an ambassador if you use other meetup platforms. Just remember to share the meetup detail with the community on the forum so people can know and share the links with us so we can evaluate how it goes.

1 Like

Just for your information.
Today we have a life Cardano meetup in Slovenia.
It is very difficult to meet all the regulations if a meetup is organized in the bar.
We organized it on a private estate and here the regulations are more friendly.
50 people are allowed.
Testing is not required.

1 Like

I was talking about corona regulations of course.

Will the Alonzo hard fork event be broadcast live on here or youtube etc? Thanks

Hoping to reach out for a meetup group in Kampala, Uganda.

1 Like

Hi @Mucunguzi there’s no Cardano meetup group in Uganda at the moment, but you are always welcome to organize the first Cardano meetup in your area. For the new meetup organizer, the Cardano Community team provides guidelines and meetup e-book in the forum. You can find the details from here: Cardano Community Meetup Guidelines

1 Like

Thanks for the update, will walk through the Guidelines and get the Kampala meetup group running ASAP.

1 Like

Finding out what’s happening in Cardano Meetup groups around the world as i start to build a meet up and meet people in my local community who share cardano community interests.

1 Like