Cardano Foundation: Need for Reform or Community Voting (Opinion)

Thanks for responding…

sorry for the hard words but it really comes across as impersonal and it’s like twisting the knife when you get a form letter that doesn’t even take the time to address the correct group of people. The way the letter is written, I don’t believe for a second that anyone looked at my stuff and thought “I was on the right track”… unless you have a form letter for the people that aren’t “on the tight track”… and of course you don’t because this form letter is sent to everyone, even the people that only nominated someone… Can you see how that comes across as hollow and very unbelievable and worse then a normal form letter?

I wrote a lot more that i deleted and didn’t send because a a lot of it was just empty complaints. Lets just say the way the ambassador program was “advertised” and talked about at the IOHK summit is very different then the way it is (or seems) in practice. Also, If I saw the first message in this thread, I never would have even applied. He has done way more than I have…
I’m sure your aware of the cryptoviser youtube channel. He used to be a ambassador and, according to him, he misunderstood a letter and was booted off. I don’t know if that really happened but, if something close to that happened, there is a communication problem. He literally talks about Cardano every day and should be exactly what you want.

I guess what I am saying is that there are a lot of little things that add up to my perceived problems with this program and this last letter and how impersonal it is was blew me up a little and resulted in my last post.

The last thing I am going to say is when i first read that letter, the last thing i was going to do was apply again… How do you expect me to believe that, essentially, spots are limited when you only have 5 content creators in a country with 350 million people… That doesn’t make sense and, combined with the rest of the letter, it’s unbelievable. According to the summit, you are growing the program, not limiting the size. If you were to say we are growing the program but are limited to 2 choices a month program wide and also explain that in the application process. That is something that is believable, not a blanket statement saying maybe it’s this or that…

But first, you really have to re-word the form letter and take the time to at least send different letters to applicants and the people who nominate. If it has to be a form letter, make it as specific as you can.

Thanks again for responding,
Anthony

We will revise the responses and will take your feedback into account. Thank you much.

Regarding the open spots, the Ambassador program has a certain budget, must be sustainable and manageable. Not just for the next few weeks but forever. As a result we can only onboard a certain amount of Ambassadors each month.

Every month Content Creators, Moderators, Translators and Meetup Organizers are “fighting” for the open spots.

1 Like

You know, some of us come in here for positive post’s and to read this kind of stuff that just doesn’t qualify as positive should be edited or maybe deleted if truly sorry for the hard words, just saying…

2 Likes

Hey Chris,
thanks for taking the time to comment.
I have written, on different forum posts, a lot positive stuff and talked on my youtube channel almost exclusively positively. I explained why i felt that way to atatainment. I really feel like the form letter they send out treats the person who receives it as if they are, idk, not so smart (to put it nicely). Evidently it’s not meant the way it sounds and I believe atatainment when he says that.
When I wrote that, I wasn’t looking for bad things to say purposely but that is the way i felt. As easy as it would be to edit, i don’t believe in rewriting history, It doesn’t matter how small an action it might be. As long as someone takes the time to read through the thread, they will understand the context.
I will make it very clear, I believe the letter wasn’t meant the way it sounded and atatainment cleared up the questions I had and I now understand the reasons behind the letter. He said he will take a look at the way it is worded and i am sure he will. I wrote my post when i was a little hot under the collar and probably should have cooled of a little before i wrote the post.

Thanks Chris,
Anthony

1 Like