Cardano-node: Missing protocolMagicId

cardano-node run --topology /home/cardano/cnode/config/mainnet-topology.json --database-path /home/cardano/cnode/db --socket-path /home/cardano/cnode/sockets/node.socket --host-addr 0.0.0.0 --port 3001 --config /home/cardano/cnode/config/mainnet-config.json

The screenshot is wrong, later I fixed that

This was my command, I think it’s ok, I have the config file in /home/cardano/cnode/config/mainnet-config.json

but still giving me protocolmagicid error

So then download the alonsoGenesis json file into config folder and start again…

I installed alonzo genesis mainnet and testnet but still giving me protocolmagicid error

1 Like

In the documentation there are 1 file that I don’t know if I used or not
problema_04_03

so, please remove everything from db folder again, and start again:
rm -rf /home/cardano/cnode/db/* if does not help then maybe you will create that file manually…

now something changed but still giving me error I think
problema_04_04

Let me guess, new topic?

wow - that is an error indeed - what is the content of the db folder now?
ls -la /home/cardano/cnode/db/

total 8
drwxrwxr-x 2 cardano cardano 4096 jun 1 14:34 .
drwxrwxr-x 8 cardano cardano 4096 may 27 17:29 …
this is the content

hmm cardano user is the owner of folder, but your user is is alberto…
I think time to remove the db folder itself:
sudo rm -rf /home/cardano/cnode/db
then create it again
mkdir /home/cardano/cnode/db
then check the owner - should be alberto - ls -la /home/cardano/cnode/db

if yes, start again

1 Like

I get permission denied all the time, is there any way to remove the permissions and not have to put sudo su to modify the cardano folder?

total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 jun 1 14:50 .
drwxrwxr-x 8 cardano cardano 4096 jun 1 14:50 …

The owner it’s not alberto

yes - I dont know where this cardano user came from, but you can modify the ownership the folder by:
sudo chown -R alberto:alberto /home/cardano/cnode

WAIT!

just realized then you are operating everything in home folder of cardano user… probably better to switch the user to cardano from alberto!

1 Like

RUNNING! thank you very much
Running_01

Now I have some questions, the port will always be 3001? and which host should I put to launch a token to the mainnet?

How can I stop the node?

Thanks for the help it is really much appreciated, cardano has a good community

So - which guide you followed?

I dont understand this - but go through again on this:
https://docs.cardano.org/projects/cardano-node/en/latest/stake-pool-operations/getConfigFiles_AND_Connect.html
and once you can query the tip, then you can use cardano-cli to mint a token

Okay thank you very much for helping me with @raph_cardano I really apreciate it

ok, keep in mind that the node should be fully synced to able to mint.

You’re welcome :pray: happy @laplasz found the root cause

@berthom
I am facing the same error message but I am already logged in as the user which owns the folders. Did you correct the error by simply changing users or was it something else? I notice your user did not change (alberto-). I think this is because alberto- is not the actual user – it is the name of the server/cpu you are using. Please advise. Thank you

Disregard. I have corrected mine by placing the db folder in the same folder as the 4 json files.

Oh, ok, great :+1: