Thanks for the update Sebastien.
- Finished, going through QA right now.
- Will be released in August.
- Network improvements, faster block syncing. Maybe Connecting to Network fixes as well (source here).
- Big update.
- Coming around October.
- Complete rewrite of Cardano, learning from past mistakes.
- This relese will allow e.g. hardware wallets and light client support to be built into Daedalus.
- Reimplementation of Cardano in Rust.
- Competing client to the Haskell reference implementation.
- It’s going great.
- Some companies outside of Emurgo and IOHK have started to build on it.
- Delegation paper is done, now looking for conference submissions to get it peer reviewed.
- Delegation specification nearing completion. Preview in the video. This is one of the main things needed for the staking testnet.
- There’s only an old Daedalus release for Linux right now, which sucks.
- IOHK has done a lot of research over the past few months on Linux compilation.
- The goal is to have a Linux release with every Windows release.
Daedalus App Platform
- Daedalus will have 3rd party plugins.
- Proof of concept under construction.
- Increases ecosystem of Daedalus.
- Progress on this is included in the Weekly Technical Reports.
- IELE Testnet
- KLab tool, which makes smart contract verification and behavior analysis possible, to avoid unexpected outcomes.
- Not quite ready, but it will be, around September.
- Doesn’t mean staking testnet, just a general Cardano Settlement Layer testnet to play around with.