A community-led event is an event hosted by a community member with support from the Cardano Foundation and at a location suggested by the host. The events will take place at 50+ locations across the globe.
The currently confirmed locations have been selected among the hosts of last year’s community events and our very own Cardano Ambassadors.
Location Location Location Aberdeen, Scotland Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire Accra, Ghana Amsterdam, Netherlands Bangalore, India Bangkok, Thailand Barcelona, Spain Berlin, Germany Brisbane, Australia Buenos Aires, Argentina Calgary, Canada Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Delhi, India Douala, Cameroon Dubai, UAE Goma, DRC Hanoi, Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Houston, USA Istanbul, Turkey Jakarta, Indonesia Johannesburg, South Africa Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kumasi, Ghana Lagos, Nigeria Lima, Peru Lisbon, Portugal Lodz, Poland London, UK Los Angeles, USA Madrid, Spain Mexico City, Mexico Miami, USA New York City, USA Oslo, Norway Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Paris, France Perth, Australia Santiago, Chile Sao Paulo, Brasil Seoul, South Korea Singapore, Singapore Sydney, Australia Taipei, Taiwan Tamale, Ghana Tbilisi, Georgia Tokyo, Japan Toronto, Canada Vancouver, Canada Washington DC, USA Wiesbaden, Germany
Until September 16th, 2022, the community can add their location preferences for the community-led events. The community will select the remaining locations based on interest indicated via the attendance form. The more entries a location receives, the higher the chances it is one of the confirmed locations.
This is your chance to bring Cardano to your local community. The community-led events should welcome everyone wishing to join the Cardano ecosystem or are curious about how Cardano’s blockchain technology is being used to create positive change around the world. At the Summit, we celebrate successes and look to the future.
Community-led hosts play a crucial role in ensuring the success of the Cardano Summit 2022. Some of the responsibilities are:
- Building your local event team
- Finding and booking a suitable venue
- Contacting local vendors for food & drinks
- Defining the event-specific agenda
The Cardano Foundation will support all community-led hosts with:
- Budget to cover the costs of the community-led event
- Merchandise and swag for attendees/hosts
- Marketing and branding materials; to properly decorate and represent the Cardano brand
- Provide potential speakers
- Access to a network of experienced event organizers
Those wanting to host a community-led event can register their interest. Please do so as early as possible. The Cardano Foundation team will reach out with follow-up steps. The cutoff date is September 16th, 2022.
- Register interest: Community member registers their interest in hosting a community-led event by filling out the Bring the summit to your city form.
- Location review: The Cardano Foundation will review all applications and select the locations that received the most sign-ups from the Cardano community. Interest is measured by community members filling out the Bring the summit to your city form and providing their preferred location.
- Host application: Shortlisted applicants are sent an application form to complete.
- Application review: The successful applicants will be chosen based on the application responses as well as the level of registered interest from the Cardano community.
- September 16th, 2022: Cut-off date to apply as a host for a community-led event.
- September 19th, 2022: The Cardano Foundation team will send out an application form that has to be filled out.
- September 23rd, 2022: Cut-off date for sending in the application form.
- September 27th, 2022: The Cardano Foundation team will inform hosts that have been selected to host a community-led event.