(Work in progress)
Title: CIP-Blueprint NFT
Authors: Roar Holte email@example.com
Comments-URI: CIP-Blueprint NFT
Ideascale proposal: Online Makerspace
Requires: CIP25 & CIP86
Relation: This effort will be presented for the Cardano Summit Hackathon 2023
Beta release: https://www.youblob.com [can test blueprint functionality]
Dora BUIDL: Youblob | Buidls | DoraHacks
Cardano Source code: Bitbucket
- A Blueprint NFT is a NFT that introduces;
- New ownership models to a NFT
- New incentive models to a NFT
- New attachment solutions, such as products and FT to be included within a NFT
- New information channels between manufacturer and maker (i.e.; industry and consumer)
- New library functions to show actual value generation around idea sharing and collaboration
- New solution to combine all major subjects within a Blueprint NFT (chemistry, biology, math, electronics, mechanics etc…)
- Lowering the threshold so everyone can create NFT’s without the technological know-how.
- Extended (and simplified) metadata mapping for product iterations
[img: initial Blueprint categorization, product linking and other functions before it is converted to a NFT]
Convert a Blueprint to Blueprint NFT
The format of the
content field is required to be an array of 64 bytes chunks, as this is the maximum size of a JSON field in the Cardano ledger.
Tools, such as wallets, are required to recompose the content of the message.
The current Cardano protocol parameter for maximum transaction size, that will hold the metadata, is around 16KB.
No backwards compatibility breaking changes are introduced.
We leave the decisions, such as what and how to display communication messages, up to downstream tools and wallets.
- For simple implementation reference, refer to CIP12 communication tool examples
This CIP is licensed under CC-BY-4.0