Daedalus Wallet Stuck on "Connecting to Network"

good idea, will try

Edit, tried trough USA and netherlands. didn’t work.

VPN worked for me too.

What type of VPN? Browser based?

Same here. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Deleted open.lock. Nothing. Been a whole month now and this daedalus wallet is as a matter of fact dead.

@Kabelo_Tsehare If you have already tried all the solutions on this page https://daedaluswallet.io/faq/

Please send your logs, by following the instructions on the bottom of this link in the “DIDN’T FIND YOUR ANSWER?” paragraph. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

I am literally so disappointed with Cardano… Deadulus wallet is the biggest disaster of all time. I have essentially been locked out for months now have tried everything to no avail… I tried to recover my wallet and since then, it has been stuck on “connecting to network”. Three effing months people. What happened to this great team? How are we suppose to support you when clearly everyone is having wallet issues and you refuse to fix the fucking thing. Shame on you. The second I can access my wallet I am selling all of my cardano that is a fact.

1 Like

Have you tried this to solve your wallet issues?

Same problem here. Just create a light wallet so we can keep our ADAs safe.

For the future, it would be highly desireable to create an integration with Ledger Wallets.

I found a new solution I haven’t seen mentioned before involving a DNS resolving issue: IOHK statement: connecting to network issue

basically you need to check if your computer is able to resolve the following address: relays.cardano-mainnet.iohk.io

if it doesn’t resolve it explains why you can’t sync and you need to change your configured DNS to some that can resolve this address.

So i connected using a VPN and it worked without any lags. All my coins are off Binance now. Thanks SLewis.

So, after transfering my ada’s from Binance to my Cardano wallet, I got stucked like many of you. When creating the wallet I didn’t close it until I could see all of my ada’s were transfered.

The trouble started when I closed the wallet and would open it again. Stuck on Connecting to network…

Tried first to remove the files in Log map… nothing…
Tried then to remove the open.lock file in Wallet-1.0 map… nothing… Still stucked.

Then voila, just opened the Cardano.bat file as an admin. Took about 2 mins and everything is now in order.

Thx guys, this was after all an easy fix. For me though:+1:

I used hide.me VPN on Mac. And it worked

I had the same issue too but eventually figured it out. Instead of just clicking on the icon to start. Right click and select run as Administrator. This is how I got it to work.

full benefits require registering, so I didn’t try the premium model.
Free version didn’t work for me.

Tried log deletion. Tried lock file deletion. Checked Firewall. Checked DNS. None worked. Changed to VPN and it immediately synced up and allowed me access to my ADA. Relays must be getting blocked by ISP for who knows what reason. Perhaps using compromised/blacklisted servers/IPs? My ISP is ATT in US. Anyhow I transferred everything back to Binance. It appears the Cardano group is more concerned with theory than working product lately since I haven’t seen many software updates but I may be wrong. They did get the exchanges working, at least. Regardless I’m going to wait a bit before going back to the Daedalus wallet.

For people who need to use VPN, I think it will be better on the future release because this commit has been merged.

How the hell do you think we can send you logs when we can’t even get the f’ing Daedalus GUI to sync???

I have super fast internet and it took 4-5 days to getting this disgrace of a GUI to finally sync. When I have quit this joke of a GUI and re-started, same deal. 4-5 days wait to get it synced again.

This project does not deserve a top 10 Market Cap position; not even close!!!

Hi @rickymac,

Are you a dev for Cardano?

I am running MacOS High Sierra v10.13.3 .

The first time I downloaded the Daedalus GUI it took 4-5days to sync despite the fact that I have very high speed internet. Every time I have shut down, re-started my MAC and re-launched the Daedalus GUI, it forces me to go through the same frustrating / infuriating 4-5 day wait.

As of now, the Daedalus GUI has been stuck on “Syncing blocks 98.70%” for the past 48 hours and that was after 4-5 days wait to get to here. I am so beyond frustrated with this GUI.

I have used many other GUI’s previously (Monero, IOTA, PIVX, NEO, DASH) and all have some degree of difficulty but the Daedalus GUI; well, that takes the cake!

I have faith lost in the Cardano project and as soon as I can get the Daedalus GUI to sync, I am sending my ADA back to my exchange account (protected by 2FA). I am going to sell enough of my stack to recover my initial investment and re-invest in other projects that have their stuff together.

IMHO, Hoskinson should have fixed this GUI months ago rather than spend his time giving interviews on Youtube. All talk, all hype … no action. Not professional. I’m done.

Just venting here …

2 Likes

4-5 days are you for real? I sent my ADA from Binance 2 days ago and never appeared in the wallet, not has been stuck on ‘Connecting to network’ for a day and even left it running over night.

Why is there not a simple fix for this? It is extremely disappointing that I have had no response from support. What is really going on here? Something’s not right.