Published by the Cardano Foundation Community Team every two weeks, this Digest will provide you with news, updates and events about the project and ecosystem!
If you are interested in receiving the Community Digest in the future directly via email, please sign-up here!
The Cardano Foundation has recently published part 4 of our ‘Driving Blockchain Technology’ series - highlighting the activities within one of our core focus areas: Operational Resilience.
One of the activities has to do with increasing network security and decentralization through various strategies such as stake pool operations and delegation. The Cardano Foundation has been actively involved in initiatives like the Cardano Improvement Proposal (CIP) program, which encourages community involvement in shaping the network’s future. Additionally, the Cardano Foundation has supported the recent Valentine hard fork, which improved cross-chain interoperability by integrating SECP standards, and on-chain governance through CIP-1694, a document outlining governance specifications for the Cardano protocol.
To facilitate these developments, the Cardano Foundation has been actively engaging with stakeholders globally. Furthermore, the Cardano Foundation conducted an on-chain poll for stake pool operators (SPOs) as a part of testing the governance mechanism, demonstrating their commitment to fostering community involvement and decision-making. More blogs from the same series will follow soon
If you wish to gain a deeper understanding of how the Cardano Foundation is delivering on its core focus area of Operational Resilience, kindly peruse the blog available on the Cardano Forum
In the past two years, the Cardano Foundation’s Delegation Strategy has grown, conducting seven rounds with 351 pools who have received delegation.
To foster adoption and support the builder community, the Foundation is implementing changes such as extending the delegation duration to 12 months, reducing the number of delegated pools for increased effectiveness, and removing the single pool requirement for more inclusivity.
For more details about this new delegation strategy, read the blog post here on the Cardano Forum.
In this new Developer Blog, we’ll explore the world of Lenfi, a decentralized protocol for lending and borrowing that operates without custodial control. Lenfi was constructed on the Cardano blockchain and we’re thrilled to have Mantas, the lead developer responsible for this exciting project, as our special guest. So, what precisely is Lenfi, and why did they opt for Cardano as their platform? Keep reading to uncover these answers and more.
To Learn more about Lenfi and their Lead Developer, read here
Building upon the immense success of last year’s summits, the Cardano Community witnessed the introduction of an innovative app. This tool not only facilitated access to the summit’s agents and content, it also paved the way (thanks to your feedback) for the foundation to enhance the app’s functionality for this year’s summit.
The App can be seen as your ultimate gateway to experience the summit in its entirety.
With the app you will now be able to seamlessly tune into the live stream, access exclusive on-demand content, and engage with a diverse global audience.
Some more feature the App has to offer:
- Tailor your personal agenda with the convenient agenda customization feature.
- Foster meaningful connections with fellow attendees through the interactive networking platform.
- Stay updated with live alerts and timely reminders to ensure you never miss a moment.
- Immerse yourself in a virtual exploration of sponsor booths, offering a comprehensive view of the latest innovations and developments.
For more information, and to download the app, visit: https://summit.cardano.org/virtual-attendance
- IOHK has released its latest development report, which notes that there are 1,287 projects building on the Cardano network. The report also revealed enhancements across different infrastructures and tooling that enhance the developer and user experience. One such development includes an analysis conducted by IOHK that benchmarked various Cardano clusters and enhanced various backend features.
- Coinecta, a novel decentralized launchpad for Web3 products, has been launched on the Cardano ecosystem.
- How to Attack Blockchain Cheaply? When people talk about a blockchain attack, the 51% attack is most often mentioned. It is usually said that the attacker must gain dominance over the resource that is used in the given network consensus. To understand this and more, read the following article.
- The Rings of Power: Cardano’s Genesis Keys. A video by Charles Hoskinson, explaining the the process behind the use and distribution of the keys.
- Midnight is a Cardano sidechain solution, created to facilitate economical, safe, and efficient implementation of smart contracts on Cardano. The primary objective of this sidechain is to protect crucial commercial and personal information. Most Web2-based platforms do not provide users with the power and authority to regulate their personal data. By ensuring transaction visibility on the blockchain, Midnight empowers users to govern their personal data with autonomy and control.
- For more information about midnight read the following blog
- Find more in-depth information about Midnight through this X-Space that was recently held by IOG and the Midnight team.
- World Mobile has recently launched Africa’s first commercial telecoms aerostat, aiming to provide connectivity to rural Mozambique. Source
- TangleSwap joins the Cardano Ecosystem! source
Below are the most engaging topics on Reddit
- What is Cardano?
- I built a custom Cardano Docs AI using a tool and the GTP language model. I see a lot of use cases. What do you think?
- Are there any video games on Cardano?
- Get interviewed at Cardano Summit!
- The Cardano blockchain is being used to track high-quality, sustainably sourced coffee from Honduras! Join us as we share everything you need to know about Coffee DAO, from collaborating with artisans to rewarding Cardano community members!
- Creating DAOs on Cardano is so easy. Learn everything Summon DAO has to offer in this video.
- The Rings of Power: Cardano’s Genesis Keys
- Latest Cardano News
- Cardano’s Liquid Staking from a Security Perspective (article)
- Pro-Blockchain Executive Order in California Signed
Topics that have received the most clicks from external sources. (last 10 Days)
- Cardano Foundation Updates Delegation Strategy |1771
- CatalystFUND10 Japan Survey🎉 |227
- PCP_K-Parameter_EarnCoinPool |197
- Instructions: how to use the PCP process |138
- Fund 10 winner email addresses targeted for SPAM |136
- Nodes not processing transactions|84|
- Driving Blockchain Technology: Cardano Foundation’s activities part 4 |81
- Cryptographic message signing (CIP-8) to sign in with CIP-30 wallets doesn’t work for Hardware wallets |65
- Tutorial videos for futur DReps |54
- ¿Pueden las cripto cambiar el mundo? Descentralización Total! Podcast sobre Cardano |38
Other meetups around the world:
- 30 August 2023|Web3 & Hops #DRMZteam Cardano Meetups - San Diego (August 30th) More Info
- 09 September 2023|Cardano Eastern Townhall - Catalyst Explorer with Lidonation. More Info
- 09 September 2023|The First Cardano Meetup In Wales More Info
- 28 September 2023|Rudy Shoushany, DxTalks, MENA and Cardano. More info
Are you interested in attending CIP editor meetings? Join the Discord channel to learn more about this interesting community where ideas and recommended changes are all discussed.
This week, @RyanW gives us a glimpse of the most pressing matters with a new CIP.
- CIP-??? | Domain Address Resolving Standard 1 [New Proposal]
- This proposal aims to explain how wallets can resolve conflicting address domain naming services.
- CIP Editors Meeting #75 (invite):
For a comprehensive breakdown and more details, please visit the Cardano Forum.
The Developer Portal was created to foster a home for developers dedicated to building tools and services on Cardano. The platform allows developers to not only collaborate on projects but also to showcase their works.
With the vision of evolving into a reliable resource, the Developer Portal aims to serve as a go-to destination where users can discover tools to meet their specific requirements.
Furthermore, community projects currently operational on the mainnet are warmly encouraged to integrate their initiatives into the Developer Portal.
- DexHunter: DexHunter is a decentralized exchange aggregator with real-time alerts and an easy to use interface.
We value your feedback and would love to learn how you experienced reading our Community Digest. Please take a few seconds to provide feedback:
Many thanks and greetings from the Community Team!