Download binary build iso build from source

When will a binary build of version 1.25.1 become available at https://hydra.iohk.io/job/Cardano/cardano-node/cardano-node-linux?

Version 1.25.0 is available in binary version, but the guild scripts require version 1.25.1 and now my topology file is not updated as long as I haven’t rebuild the node from source, which takes a long time…

Will there be a point where the cardano-node automatically discovers relays to connect to and vice versa?

I usually download binaries from cardano-wallet repo under releases/assets

the tarball contains everything including the cardano-node.
They indicate which node version the wallet is compatible with… (the latest now is Compatible with 1.25.1)

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

The version of cardano-node in the cardano-wallet tarball was compiled using Haskell compiler ghc-8.6, where the cardano-node executable uses ghc-8.10, as stated in the install instructions: Installing the node from source — cardano-node Documentation 1.0.0 documentation

I now build the cardano-node from source using the ghc-8.10, so for now I’m fine. I noticed the 1.25.1 release of the cardano-node on Releases · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub was not signed off yet by Ops, so maybe that’s why the binary is not available yet.

interesting - thanks for mentioning this… I will ask them why this version ghc is being used.

there is another way to get the link to the latest binary

Thanks! That helps a lot!

1 Like