Epoch 318 distribution of stake within the 500 ranked pools in Daedalus:

From the total 500 ranked stakepools in Daedalus, 354 are multipools.
From the first 100 ranked pools, 85 are multipools.
From the top 10 ranked pools, 8 are multipools.

1 Like

Would be interesting to have that in more detail. While I think multi-pools with two to four or five pools are still quite okay, multi-pools with tens of pools are not how it is supposed to be.

1 Like

Thanks for the comment, what exactly would you like as additional information for the next time?
The information is kept short, because I am mostly on twitter which limits alot, and I want the same content on these platforms aswell.
And for more detail I can recommend you to follow @Qcpol , https://twitter.com/QCPOLstakepool/status/1488622079847063556?s=20&t=vEYO4LVFkO3CboRQrIUyow on Twitter, as well as to dig into the metrics provided by Pieter Nierop and others in their Database: Cardano Blockchain Insights

1 Like

A histogram for sizes of multi-pools would be interesting, but I will just have a look at the links you posted. Thank you for that!

1 Like

Multipools get all the rewards, small pools get nothing and drop. Where is support of the decentralization?

1 Like

where would that cutoff be, and most importantly: why?

either we want as many nodes as possible, healthy ones that is) or not.

i do think pool health, reliability and hardware/redundancy should be aloowed to be factored in.

1 Like