Errer while compiling Cardano-node

Hi - I continue to get this error while compiling Cardano-node

cabal: Could not resolve dependencies:

[__0] trying: Win32-network-0.1.0.0 (user goal)

[__1] next goal: base (dependency of Win32-network)

[__1] rejecting: base-4.14.1.0/installed-4.14.1.0 (conflict: Win32-network =>

base>=4.5 && <4.13)

[__1] rejecting: base-4.12.0.0, base-4.11.1.0, base-4.11.0.0, base-4.10.1.0,

base-4.10.0.0, base-4.9.1.0, base-4.9.0.0, base-4.8.2.0, base-4.8.1.0,

base-4.8.0.0, base-4.7.0.2, base-4.7.0.1, base-4.7.0.0, base-4.6.0.1,

base-4.6.0.0, base-4.5.1.0, base-4.5.0.0, base-4.4.1.0, base-4.4.0.0,

base-4.3.1.0, base-4.3.0.0, base-4.2.0.2, base-4.2.0.1, base-4.2.0.0,

base-4.1.0.0, base-4.0.0.0, base-3.0.3.2, base-3.0.3.1 (constraint from

non-upgradeable package requires installed instance)

[__1] fail (backjumping, conflict set: Win32-network, base)

After searching the rest of the dependency tree exhaustively, these were the

goals I’ve had most trouble fulfilling: base, Win32-network

Any help appreciated.

What guide are u following? And are u using centos or ubuntu?

Could you try building it with -v option (verbose) in order to get a more explicit error message ? And are you sure to be using the most recent tag, i.e. 1.27.0 ? In cardano-node.cabal the dependency is on base >= 4.14 && < 4.15 which doesn’t quite match your logs.

If you need to refresh the tags and switch on the most recent, i.e. 1.27.0 as of today, you could do:

$ git fetch --all --recurse-submodules --tags
$ git tag
$ git checkout tags/1.27.0

The git tag command is only to display all the available tags, so that you may choose appropriately.

$ cabal -v build all

I have ubuntu and I am following cardano-node/install.md at master · input-output-hk/cardano-node · GitHub

ya that could be the reason. I was using 1.3.x

Great then, we’ll know soon enough :no_mouth:

it worked. Thanks !

I hate to ask this question but I don’t see any option to mark this closed or accept any specific answer.

Well, if you see nothing of the sort How To Mark a Topic As Resolved? - #4 by Heather_Dudley - support - Discourse Meta then maybe the corresponding Discourse plugin is not installed/working. Nevermind.

Ya, I am using safari and I don’t see that option. And I tried selecting to find a tick mark but I can’t.

Ok, no trouble then, thank you for trying :wink:

Always checkout the latest stable release when building dependencies from source!

In general you don’t ever want to build the tip of master branch unless it’s your project. That’s typically where developers merge the latest bleeding edge code for the next release that they are still working on. It may have issues and undocumented features :wink:

Well, that’s the point of choosing a tagged release. From what I gathered, he was already using a tag, just not a recent one, hence the dependencies conflict.

Source of confusion - Documentation says Check out the latest version of cardano-node (choose the tag with the highest version number: TAGGED-VERSION ): It doesn’t say release tag.

Also git tag shows tag numbers but does not show which one of them is release.

You did well. When a version is tagged it is supposed to be stable enough to be released. It’s only what I meant :wink: When in doubt, you can check the latest tag/release on the official GitHub repository

And here is the list of releases with main changes.