Error deregistering pool?

I’m trying to deregister my pool and I’m getting this error? I’m not sure how to proceed or what to check?

Command failed: transaction submit Error: Error while submitting tx: ShelleyTxValidationError ShelleyBasedEraAlonzo (ApplyTxError [DelegsFailure (DelplFailure (PoolFailure (StakePoolNotRegisteredOnKeyPOOL (KeyHash “xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”))))])

1 Like

did u followed the coincashew guide step by step?

Cheers,

1 Like

Is your pool’s Kes period expired or still valid?

Are you using the correct cold key when signing the de-registration transaction?
From the error message, it seems you are not using the cold keys of a registered stake pool.

You should check the stake pool ID generated by the cold key like this:

cardano-cli stake-pool id --cold-verification-key-file cold.vkey --output-format "hex"

and make sure it is the ID of the stake pool you are trying to de-register.

1 Like

It was down to 4 days, but I just updated the KES keys this morning to give me more time to figure this out, so yes, I’m good to go there.

I did, yes. I rotated my KES keys this morning, which worked just fine, so I’ll try again and report back. Do I need to use an old key from when I registered the stakepool? If so, which key should I be looking at?

Ah ha, I found the right key! I will try this again shortly and let you know, but I have a feeling this was it.

1 Like

This was it, thank you! I was able to deregister properly!

I was almost sure this is the problem. I’m glad you resolved it.
Don’t de-register your rewards wallet before getting the 500 ADA deposit back.

1 Like