Error trying to send a transaction

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to retire my stake pool and want to send my pledge back to my wallet before I do so.

With the help of this CoinCashew guide (Guide: How to build a Cardano Stake Pool - CoinCashew)

Does anyone know why this error is showing up? I’ve tried sending a small amount of ADA and a large amount, but it gives the error either way.

Thanks in advance guys.

Seem like ${tx_in} is not properly set.

You can do echo ${tx_in} and examine that.

Also make sure the ${currentSlot} is calculated and you add on top of it like in the doc --invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000)) \

It spews this out which I don’t know what to do with, unfortunately.

I followed the guide precisely even the parts that say to add to the current slots:

–invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000)) \

So I don’t understand what’s going on.

I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

tx_in looks okay from the formatting standpoint.

To make sure it is correct you can execute:
$ cardano-cli query utxo --address $(cat $NODE_HOME/payment.addr) --mainnet
and that should display the same UTXOs as what is in ${tx_in}.

Additionally to clarify ${currentSlot}.
When building the raw transaction you calculate the current slot, and according to the tutorial you add 10000 seconds, as in: --invalid-hereafter $(( ${currentSlot} + 10000)) \
So you need to make sure you try to submit the transaction within those 10000 seconds.

Try again the whole procedure sending a small transaction. Check if ${tx_in} is correct as described above and make sure you try to submit the transaction

What is the node version… and also the node is synced?

First u will need to retire the pool, STEP 19

Node is on version 1.27.0, it’s synced yes.

But if I retire the pool, will the pledge not be lost?

nope, you must retire the pool in order to receive 500 ADA back, then you must withdraw the rewards and last one … to move the funds to another wallet

The 500 ADA won’t be lost. They will be transferred back to your original stake address. So make sure you don’t unregister it. Collect your ADA then do whatever you want later.

I pledged 20k ADA. I’m talking about that amount. Will it not be lost if I retire the pool?

No, the pledge is inside the wallet not the pool

1 Like

I keep getting this error on my air-gapped offline machine. It’s not signing my tx.raw file for some reason?

Screenshot from 2021-09-03 08-30-52

Are you running the same cardano-cli versions on cold and hot enviroments? …and what version are you running?

$ cardano-cli version.

If the versions are not same, you probably need to copy the recent executable from the producer node to the offline machine.

there is an issue with the tx.raw file… you can read it? if you type cat tx.raw

Screenshot from 2021-09-03 15-44-54

they’re both on version 1.27.0

it looks like you have a problem with the module/package installed…

Are you talking about the node?

yes… could be an issue with the node