Cannot submit transaction

I am not able to send a transaction using:

cardano-cli transaction submit
–tx-file tx.signed
–mainnet

The cursor simply drops to the next line wanting another command.

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 7.56.42 pm

any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks

did u waited more time? perhaps the transaction needs to be send to the blockchain (added in the next block)

Hi Alex, thanks for the fast response. Have waited more than 1 hour so far. Do I need to wait longer?

hmm, nope, but the transaction was submited? did u checked on cardano scan?

yes i checked… there is no transaction submitted :frowning:

then something is wrong… try to copy this command perhaps you have characters with wrong format

cardano-cli transaction submit \
    --tx-file tx.signed \
    --mainnet

hmm nope that hasn’t worked either. My stake pool is retired, could it have something to do with updating cli or keys etc? Am I able to update these even with a retired pool? If so I might try that…?

yes, the transaction are different, it doesn’t care about the pool… but the node is 100% synced?

I think I need to update the node, can’t seem to see if its synced or not as liveview just says “failed to load common env file” …is there any other way to view if node is synced? perhaps I will try a full update and come back to you with the results. thank you so much for the help.

is there a quick command to update cardano-cli to 1.29.0 mine is 1.27.0

If you haven’t used some automated tools like CNTOOLS try with the Coincashew update instructions.

But it’s very easy and boils down to compiling the new node, updating 2 config files, and switching out two binaries.

In case of CNTOOLS @Alexd1985 will be able to tell you more, he’s a cntools jedi

Btw. latest since a few days ago is 1.30.1

Thanks guys, I’ll do that all tomorrow and see how I go. Getting late here in Australia. Thanks again for the help ill get back to you with how it goes! Cheers.

1 Like

Hey guys, so im still struggling with this. I have about 1000ADA in the stake address but cant seem to get it out. If it goes much longer I am just going to have to leave it there as its costing me money to keep the server going…

Could you assist me in getting the stake.addr back into the node folder as it seems to have gone and I cant find a copy of it anywhere. is there a way to make a new stake.addr and copy it in?

Updated all that, thanks mate, still no luck

when i enter this:
cardano-cli query utxo
–address $(cat payment.addr)
–mainnet > fullUtxo.out

tail -n +3 fullUtxo.out | sort -k3 -nr > balance.out

cat balance.out

tx_in=""
total_balance=0
while read -r utxo; do
in_addr=$(awk ‘{ print $1 }’ <<< “${utxo}”)
idx=$(awk ‘{ print $2 }’ <<< “${utxo}”)
utxo_balance=$(awk ‘{ print $3 }’ <<< “${utxo}”)
total_balance=$((${total_balance}+${utxo_balance}))
echo TxHash: ${in_addr}#${idx}
echo ADA: ${utxo_balance}
tx_in="${tx_in} --tx-in ${in_addr}#${idx}"
done < balance.out
txcnt=$(cat balance.out | wc -l)
echo Total ADA balance: ${total_balance}
echo Number of UTXOs: ${txcnt}

withdrawalString="$(cat stake.addr)+${rewardBalance}"

The cursor drops to the next line with a >

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.59.49 am

the node is up and running? also is it 100% synced?

1 Like

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.18.43 pm

something wrong with the KES in glive

Btw, In the screenshot above the quotes are wrong, which is the result when doing copy/paste into different non-plain-text editors. See the one after withdrawalString= which is not a straight double quote.

Yeah I tried several versions of that input in case it was incorrect.

I had to manually input my stake.addr as I cannot find the actual file and am not sure how to generate a new one.

I have used the correct input but still ends with same result. :frowning: